You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The battle of Wisconsin-labor unions

Axlin16 wrote:

Protocol was followed, even though it was entirely unnecessary, and entirely unethical.

I see what you're saying, but that way of thinking is what has turned America into the cold, narcissist state that it's become.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

perhaps protocal was followed....that's not even certain...if this was an option all along why did they take a month to do it?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know.  I'm not siding with them.  My guess is that they were hoping they wouldn't have to go this route.  I think there is some merit to the anti-union ideas, but there is also some value in having unions too.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

To me it's this simple...if $20 used to buy 4 employees...now it buys 5 or 6 in Wisconsin...I emplore you to explain to me how this is a win for the middle class as the governor keeps touting.

Who is going to want to do these jobs that require a degree??? In Milwaukee, Scott Walker did a similar thing. He had the city's security in the hands of minnimum wage worker. Later it was found out that one of the leaders of this security organization was a convicted felon.

There is a heavy price to pay for this...and if you want to live in alabama...i say go.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, 1-2 more people have jobs.  May not mean much to you, but I bet it does to those 1-2 people.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

but it's a net loss as a group

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Talk to obama. He's all about that.

Lomax wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

A 'free market' will NEVER be able to be trusted, because it's always been abused. Just like a government with absolute power, it's always abused.

The middle is the safe zone.

source?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Life

Communist China

But you've never lived in an entirely free market system.

Board footer