You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Duff McKagan Says Taking Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

Axlin16 wrote:

I frankly would be fucking pissed if Izzy wasn't involved. Tbh, if I had to choose, i'd take Izzy & Duff over Slash & Duff.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

Nobody outside of hardcores and industry people know who Izzy is at this point.....he has little to do with a reunion in the public's eye....all Axl and Slash to the generic knucklehead...only hardcores know the importance of Izzy and Duff....note, NO credit, in my eyes,  to either drummer other than they played their roles well. Both were solid but in the end, the songs came from the guitars and vocals.

Izzy bailing was headline news on MTV and all the music mags. Let's not act like he's an irrelevant piece to the puzzle. IF a reunion was announced and he wasn't included, every single article would mention that fact.

Yeah, but like Madagas says, the average joe sees a reunion as Axl and Slash, and then Duff. That would satisfy people for a "full on" reunion. A smaller group would actually care if Izzy was involved or not. The media probably would, but that's not saying much.

I remember when Izzy pissed himself on an airplane and slapped an airline attendant, then passed out being headline news on MTV. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

James, Izzy leaving in .....1991...was news. Last I checked that was 20 years ago! 16

However, I would boycott the show on principal if Izzy wasn't involved. Axl and Izzy have always been my favorites...right from the beginning.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Izzy is awesome....and a huge part of GNR's success...but IMO the media wouldn't give a shit if he's not there.

VR was basicly treated in the media as GNR without Axl. Most articles said it was 4/5 of GNR with STP's singer.

Likewise the UYI lineup is pretty respected still, articles often refer to Gilby and Matt as if they were originals too. That 'rockstar' tv show treated gilby that way anyway - and since being in VR matt is now considered primary GNR drummer by a lot of people I'd guess.

People like us want Izzy if it happens, but I think as long as it's Axl/Slash/Duff the media will go with it. Hell they'd prob go with it for just Axl/Slash.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

Nobody outside of hardcores and industry people know who Izzy is at this point.....he has little to do with a reunion in the public's eye....all Axl and Slash to the generic knucklehead...only hardcores know the importance of Izzy and Duff....note, NO credit, in my eyes,  to either drummer other than they played their roles well. Both were solid but in the end, the songs came from the guitars and vocals.

Izzy bailing was headline news on MTV and all the music mags. Let's not act like he's an irrelevant piece to the puzzle. IF a reunion was announced and he wasn't included, every single article would mention that fact.

I heard about Izzy leaving on WGN radio in Chicago.  I still remember it pretty clearly - after saying his name, the guys said "Is he stradlin what?  Is he stradlin who?"  It was big news to make WGN.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I guess I was only 10/11, so I don't remember Steven or Izzy leaving even though I was watching MTV back then.

All I remember is watching GNR play on tv every day and my cousin explaining to me why the other two skulls on the AFD cd cover were not with them.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboa … r=position
Billboard 200

The week's top-selling albums across all genres, ranked by sales data as compiled by Nielsen SoundScan.
Week of March 12, 2011

66*

* 91****
      Last week's position
      Weeks on chart
      Peak

Guns N' Roses
g24794pa3g8.jpg

I followed a thread saying CD was 91ish the week before.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

You can wonder what Universal's intentions can be, since the crappy GH is still among the best selling records, while CD... well, not. It'd make more sense for Uni to release another Best Of than CD II. Or not release anything, just let people buy another millions of GH. 196 weeks on the Billboard chart is pretty impressive. CD had like 6 weeks or so.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ yes although releasing a CD2 could well motivate back catalogue sales too. Often when I get a new album from a band if I like it I go find their older stuff...or in this case even if people don't like it they could go find the GNR they remember etc.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ yes although releasing a CD2 could well motivate back catalogue sales too. Often when I get a new album from a band if I like it I go find their older stuff...or in this case even if people don't like it they could go find the GNR they remember etc.

If nobody likes it, they don't go back and look for their other music...they dismiss it without checking it out.

Board footer