You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Duff McKagan Says Taking Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

jamester wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

No offence but I'm not so sure about the bridge to slash theory.

To me this just means Duff is eazy going enough to be able to see Axl and not make trouble over the key issues.

Monkey your posts always work for me. so grounded in reality.
reunion rumors always fly so fast at any mention. I wonder what took so long to release the video. All i can hear are the "official" statements

Axl-"Never more than one Alumni" ,"One of us will die first" Its nice to play with Izzy as long as no one has to depend on him- Duff could play guitar on something MAYBE

Tommy-"I would step aside for a reunion" shows mutual respect with and between duff

Duff- "It does not mean a reunion will happen" mutual respect w tommy

Dj- "It will be a cold day in hell before Axl & Slash play together again"
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=150506

Gilby- I knew from the start i was a hired gun

Steven- Name the time and place

Matt-I would understand a reunion, then goes on to mention steven for afd and himself for UYI

Slash- "I would  have a conversation about it" "ALOT would have to change" on ax and duff- im glad they got to talk. going on stage supports being late

And the one i like the best...and my application to everyone involved.
BBF- not in reunion context but re slash vs BBF- The music world is big enuff to enjoy all of us

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just a couple of thoughts to that above...

Any hired contract players, which is anyone since 1990, don't know shit about what GN'R is going to do next. Seeing how Axl is the only guy left, i'd trust his word first. DJ don't know shit about anything.

And with that said, Axl's opinions have changed so much over time that I don't even believe him, and he's the guy calling the shots.

Said before, say it again - if the price is right.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

When has Axl's opinion's changed on Slash?

Maybe I have more respect for the old guys that money won't mean shit for them to get back together. If it does it'd be real disappointing.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If the price is right, I'm out.

Fueled by money instead of feelings? Blah. That's gonna be a great reunion.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's not about the price.

Axl turned down $150 million already. If it was about a sum of money, someone would pay the kind of sum it needed to be.

It's about self respect, anger, sadness, regret, pride,  and every other fucking human emotion there is  I'd guess.

There will ONLY be a reunion if the friendships heal and they want to do it for pure chemestry and fun alone.

If that will never happen then it will never hapen. But the money is not the key here.

Sky Dog wrote:

14:50 ......why I love Ax.......Yesterdays should have been an acoustic number on Lies....too good.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

"What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man." - Axl, 2009

I agree wholeheartedly with Axl there.

That one man, btw, isn't Slash.

misterID

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

14:50 ......why I love Ax.......Yesterdays should have been an acoustic number on Lies....too good.

I'd like to hear the rest of The Garden acoustically. Without Del's lyrics.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep...the Garden is bad ass there as well....89-90 was my favorite time...what if they would have made Lies a full album? Those 4 tracks plus Civil War, The Garden, Yesterdays...a few more and you really have a way cool follow up to AFD.

COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA

misterID

misterID wrote:

How about the original version of Bad Obsession with Izzy on vocals? Perfect fit. Weed out UYI a bit and he still has a killer single album.

Axl's Salt Of the earth performance with The Stones was my favorite period with Axl's voice.

[youtube]tTwNkyKKgAI&feature=related[/url].[/youtube]

This is the way You're Crazy should have been recorded.

Board footer