You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Duff McKagan Says Taking Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah must say i've always liked the slow versions of You're Crazy - such as Lies hundreds of times more than the speed version on AFD. A slow electric version like that would have been cool.

Although I love the acoustic - Axl sounds amazing on lies IMO.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Yeah I love the acoustic as well. Some more Lies would have been excellent.

Sigh - so much wasted opportunity.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

"What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man." - Axl, 2009

I agree wholeheartedly with Axl there.

That one man, btw, isn't Slash.

Who the hell is it?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If it isn't Slash, there's only one other person it could be.  While that is factually correct, I highly doubt Axl was actually referring to himself there.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

You catch on fast.

Axl. Obviously, he's not purposefully talking about himself. However, it reminded me of a case study on a Hitler/Churchill quote.

"Like a madman, this man has been running all over Europe for almost five years to find anything which would burn."

Was that Winston or Adolf talking about the other? Works either way, tho obviously not intended to do that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Good one, I was a little slow on the trigger there.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You know this is the sort of reason I'd love to eventually read Axl's side of it...I'd love to know more about his reasoning. I'm assuming he was talking about Slash, it makes you wonder if that was a refrence to something behind the scenes.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I think he means that every year, Slash does something to him that keeps the feud going. Another lawsuit, a book, a song, an interview where he disses Axl, there is always something public. Of all the guys the in the band, Slash been the most vocal over the years when it comes to throwing Axl under the bus.

Duff, Gilby, Steven, Izzy, and to a certain extent Matt never really did that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
ppp wrote:

I think he means that every year, Slash does something to him that keeps the feud going. Another lawsuit, a book, a song, an interview where he disses Axl, there is always something public. Of all the guys the in the band, Slash been the most vocal over the years when it comes to throwing Axl under the bus.

Duff, Gilby, Steven, Izzy, and to a certain extent Matt never really did that.

Agreed.  People always ask, "what did Slash ever say that was THAT bad that pissed Axl off?"  I'd venture a guess that it wasn't ONE thing, it was a culmination of consistent yet subtle jabs over the years.  A case of quantity over quality.  Izzy said some pretty harsh things about Axl, but that was from ONE interview.  He got it all out and then moved on with his life.  That's easier to take then reading this and that over and over again.

It also doesn't help that Slash is viewed as the good guy by the general public and everyone believes his side of things.  And as for Axl, not so much.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Which izzy interview was that?

Board footer