You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Duff McKagan Says Taking Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

Sky Dog wrote:

it's such a tired conversation...the Axl/Slash thing...makes my head hurt. neutral

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

it's such a tired conversation...the Axl/Slash thing...makes my head hurt. neutral

Best post of the thread.

ppp

ppp wrote:
madagas wrote:

Yeah I know. I didn't mean to start an Axl/Slash fan pissing contest. That's what other boards are for.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

So while I could sit around doing the same thing with GN'R, instead I take what's happening with everyone who was involved at one time or another. In a way, it's more GN'R for me.

Exactly.

I've been spoiled that slash has been here twice within a year, and I went to a bunch of shows, but I've really enjoyed this slash solo effort cycle - great tour - strong album with good songs - and although i'm also a VR fan - i found it generally more rewarding than VR was (because i'm not that into scott).

Meanwhile I also went to GNR and had a great time, and really like the CD songs and stuff too.

Not to tell Axl what to do....but assuming GNR gets active again in a couple of years, and if slash really does finish this tour retool VR and work on that then a new album with myles...and with the other random GNR stuff around like Adler's Appetite and Izzy's stuff...Bumble's solo songs....bucket's stuff..i'm sort of enjoying following all these projects for what they are these days.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

.i'm sort of enjoying following all these projects for what they are these days.

It is what it is!
Enjoy what you like and leave the rest imo.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.ph … &Itemid=42
"An alleged look inside Axl Rose's laptop! 101 documents."
"003. June 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR"
"004. December 2009 Axl email dissolving GNR"
Such files do exist. Without getting too deep into them as obviously however close it came , true or fabricated. It did not come to pass. It suggest its a topic on Axls mind.

I choose to hope GnR will move forward. I also choose to follow all members past and present to allow them chance of  filing in any gaps of activity GnR may have.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, Axl has been a saint. He didn't call a bedroom guitarist without the others' knowledge to play on the band's track. He didn't try to lower Izzy's money. He didn't make them play millions of dollars for his temper changes. He didn't get the right to the name. He didn't say nasty things about the others. He has never tried to downplay the others's importance in the band's success. He didn't say that Slash was a cancer, a few weeks after Slash's mom died of cancer. He wasn't the one who questioned if Slash can play anymore. He is not the one who hides what happened, cause he 'doesn't wanna hurt anyone', yet he dishes the other with hateful comments.
He really showed in the last 15 years how this band can be run properly. He proved he had a vision the others didn't let happen.

Yeah, it's Slash to blame. He started it. He dared to become as recognizable member of GN'R, as Axl. Evil fucker. He'd really have to go before the UYIs. He kinda ruined it. Imagine how NR or Estranged could sound without him. Not to mention Locomotive, Civil War or Coma.

Post of the last 20 years

Preach it brother... cool

ppp

ppp wrote:

I have to say something. Please don't take it the wrong way.

If you guys really feel that way about Axl, why do you bother with Guns N Roses anymore? That's a serious question, not a diss. Not trying to attack anyone or fight with anyone. I'm just legitimately curious, because if I felt all those things about Axl (and seeing as he's the only original member left) I'd probably not bother with GNR at all. I'd most likely be looking for a Slash/VR/Loaded or similar site or forum.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I like Axl Rose himself as a performer.

I don't have to like the guy (I do) to enjoy his music or his performances.

I just feel he handled EVERYTHING in the last 20 years the complete OPPOSITE way I would've handled it.

And keep in mind, the exact reverse problem exists with Slash. I JUST saw Slash last week, and the first comment out of my mouth was "Myles ain't Axl", and the audience said the same.

So I bag on them equally. They're both fuck ups.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
ppp wrote:

I have to say something. Please don't take it the wrong way.

If you guys really feel that way about Axl, why do you bother with Guns N Roses anymore? That's a serious question, not a diss. Not trying to attack anyone or fight with anyone. I'm just legitimately curious, because if I felt all those things about Axl (and seeing as he's the only original member left) I'd probably not bother with GNR at all. I'd most likely be looking for a Slash/VR/Loaded or similar site or forum.

That's a legit question. You're not going to get a real clear answer to that. Some of the more angry posters, it's the same as dave's problem with Ron in the other thread. It makes no sense, but it makes sense to dave. You're dealing with over 20 years of bitterness about the break up of their favorite band. They don't want Axl to have the name. They don't want Axl playing with anyone other than SLash and Duff. And Axl is Axl. A lot of the disgruntled old fans have dropped off the forums, but some still remain.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Actualy mister makes a good point, I would say the large massive, if not virtually ALL of the old Gunners are friggin' gone. They haven't bothered in years.

Even I, a diehard fan of the old band, have only seen GN'R live in it's 2006-07 form. And they kicked ass.

It's been so long, that the guys you get now are just the peanut gallery of the "saga" that has existed since 1994 to the present. Hell some fans weren't even in school with the old Guns were still around.

So some couldn't give you a clear answer, because they don't even know the origin of their argument. They were pickin' doodoo out of their diaper when the Estranged video was released.

Board footer