You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ppp

Re: Duff McKagan Says Taking Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

ppp wrote:

Someone posted on mygnr that Duff performed with Adler's band tonight in London.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That's cool. I've always felt bad for Adler that he wasnt clean in time for VR. I"m glad to see AA has some original tracks these days....be good for steve to see he can do cool music still without needing to be gnr.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

what you said is you like him for his musical talent (like most do here) but that is not liking him as a person. You still did not give  a reason why you liked him as a person.  Most like axl for his musical talent but a lot of people think he is an asshole of a person.

Well I don't know him as a person, so it would be kinda wierd to have a firm view that he's wonderful, or a firm view that he's a prick. Like we really only have the public apperances and words of others and so on.

I must say from that Eddie Trunk interview he seemed funny and intelligent and the kind of guy I'd like to be friends with in real life - even if he wasn't Axl and famous and all that.

Then again there's women who say he's abusive and so on...so I guess there's as much "bad" evidence as "good". So i can't really form an opinion.

But i will say I don't dislike him, and from that interview it sounded like I might well like him. As I was saying earlier we all have good and bad points.

The thing is, it does not matter how nice and geninuine you act when you are on camera (or radio), its how you act behind closed doors, that is what really matters. Just because one one occasion Axl seemed chill does not mean that is how he always is as a person.

That's quite profound.  And you know Axl is an asshole behind closed doors how?

The doors are CLOSED.  Thus you would have no idea. 19

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Good of Duff to clear the air.

It's beyong me how the media decided it was a reunion when he pretty much said all along it was a chance meeting and a one off for a bit of fun and mostly about fixing a friendship.

Starting to wonder how many years VR can drag on the singer search for though and still be considered an actual entity.

Just gonna re-state this to all the lurkers reading...

We all know who makes that 'reforming' call. I know Duff & Steven, and despite what people think - Izzy, would all be there with bells on. I LOVE how Slash acts like "he'd have to apologize, and blah blah blah"... yeah fuckin' right, I love you Slash, but you're full of shit. If Axl called and said "$200 million, we're goin' Friday night be ready", Slash would be anywhere Axl told him an hour early and in a Sunday Church dress.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
ppp wrote:

Someone posted on mygnr that Duff performed with Adler's band tonight in London.

DUFF MCKAGAN Joins ADLER'S APPETITE On Stage In London - Feb. 28, 2011
Bassist Duff McKagan joined former GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Steven Adler's current band ADLER'S APPETITE on stage earlier tonight (Monday, February 28) at The Underworld in London, England to perform two GN'R classics — "My Michelle" and "It's So Easy".

McKagan previously played with ADLER'S APPETITE on July 28, 2007 when he and fellow ex-GUNS N' ROSES member Izzy Stradlin jammed with Steven's band during its headlining appearance at the Key Club in West Hollywood, California. Although ex-GN'R axeman Slash did make it to the venue earlier in the night and had every intention of playing with Adler, something reportedly came up that forced him to leave before he could go up on stage and performing with the other guys. As expected, GUNS N' ROSES' lead singer Axl Rose was a no-show at the event , which was meant to celebrate the 20th anniversary of GN'R's classic debut.

McKagan joined Axl Rose onstage for the first time in seventeen years on October 14, 2010 in London.

Rumors of a GUNS N' ROSES reunion with the classic lineup have been swirling for years. Rose told Billboard.com in 2009 that he doesn't ever expect to play again with guitarist Slash, saying, "One of the two of us will die before a reunion. However sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is."

Rose and original GN'R rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin played a few shows in 2006. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

ppp

ppp wrote:

I can't understand why Blabbermouth always has to add in a bunch of shit to each story.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

PPP^^ Entertainment for the masses. Not everyone is as obsessed as us with GnR and the general public doses not care to keep up imo. They only have a short paragraph of a story so they add a bit o history to catch everyone up.

I try to remember that when I catch Blab News on twitter sometimes only giving it as the headline with link to whole story. Sometimes I leave out the history lesson. and sometimes im to lazy and just paste the whole thing big_smile

It could also be a way they keep up with the band over time. so they have volume if there is ever a reunion Or time to write the final GnR story. They do it for almost every band

ppp

ppp wrote:

Lol, it's not your fault jamester.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I LOVE how Slash acts like "he'd have to apologize, and blah blah blah"... yeah fuckin' right, I love you Slash, but you're full of shit. If Axl called and said "$200 million, we're goin' Friday night be ready", Slash would be anywhere Axl told him an hour early and in a Sunday Church dress.

Slash didn't say Axl would have to appoligise, he was asked how he would respond if Axl did appoligise. Different thing. And, he pretty much implied he'd also have to appoligise, and that he would at least try and talk the rest over.

As for if Slash would reunite, myself I don't think it has anything to do with money. I think Slash's issue is with Axl having 100% control - that Axl sets the musical direction - that Axl can re-record his parts with any other guitarist without consultation - that Axl is prone to taking the stage late or cancellations and so on.

It's the problems that arise when they work together that's the issue I think.

That said, I think in a perfect world slash wants to reunite. He's smart enough to understand that no one else is Axl, and that nothing they do will ever top GNR. So i'm sure he'd love to get that call.

I just don't think it's about the money. I think if he got a call that said "800 million, but if I don't go on I don't go on" it would still be an issue. It's about making the relationship more functional I think.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's definitely about the money, if at least just promo face time. Come on dude, the guy just performed with the fucking Black Eyed Peas at the Super Bowl!
'
The guy obviously doesn't have standards.

Regardless of what Axl did or didn't do, leaving Guns N' Roses was single-handedly the fucking dumbest decision Slash ever made. If based on percentages alone. I'm frankly STUNNED at how much that brand name has survived over the years without the actual band and shitloads of inactivity. Still a juggernaut of a money maker. One could immediately say, "see that right there shows you it's not about the money"... wrong... Slash has admitted numerous times that he never thought GN'R would go anywhere without "the players". He thought he was forcing Axl's hand, and never thought Axl would go on without him.

As far as i'm concerned that's basically a confession of saying, "if I knew the mother fucker was gonna continue to tour the world as Guns N' Roses, I would've never bailed"

Board footer