You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Def Leppard

jamester wrote:

PHIL COLLEN, VIVIAN CAMPBELL Featured On 'Dreamin' With Def Leppard' Lullaby Album - May 5, 2011
eOne Music and Happiness Records have announced the release of "Dreamin' With Def Leppard", the first installment of the popular "Rock the Cradle" series, on June 28.

The "Rock The Cradle" series features lullaby renditions of popular songs from legendary rock groups, and is the only lullaby series that series that features full band production and original members of the band.

"Dreamin' With Def Leppard" is no exception, as it features DEF LEPPARD guitarists Phil Collen and Vivian Campbell performing 12 of the bands biggest hits. And, contrary to the usual simple keyboard and xylophone production, each track features a complete band production. DEF LEPPARD's biggest hits are melodic at their core, and for the LEPPARD "lullification" process, the producers of the album wrapped those great melodies with a warm blanket.

"Dreaming With Def Leppard" includes 12 song set featuring some of DEF LEPPARD's greatest hits, including "Pour Some Sugar on Me", "Photograph", "Love Bites" and many more. Now, the toddler set has a rockin' way to go to sleep. This truly is a "Rock of Ages!"

"Dreaming With Def Leppard" track listing:

01. Pour Some Sugar On Me
02. Hysteria
03. Photograph
04. Love Bites
05. Foolin'
06. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
07. Bringin' on the Heartbreak
08. Too Late For Love
09. Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion)
10. Promises
11. Animal
12. Rock of Ages

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Saw Def Leppard last night, was a good gig, they put on a good show. Sonically they sounded great too the songs sounded very close to the album versions.

Second time I've seen them and was just as impressed as last time

Heart sounded ok too Russ although I only caught the second half of their set

Lomax wrote:

Have their moments. They write Gems like this:

Then shit all over it with crap like:

Whoever told Def Leppard they could do ballads is an idiot.

They've had one decent ballad and the rest are all meh. They should stick to the more hard rockin stuff they're better at it.

They're a strange beast Leppard. They're like a really top notch hard rock outfit who want so badly to be pop stars that it fucks them up time after time.

Those guys are at their best when they play hard, anything else with them is just shit.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

A lot of their lyrics I find quite cheesy but the music itself still manages to get my feet tapping and head nodding.

there are definitely songs I don't like, e.g "Make love like a man"  mmmwwaahahahahaha.  Even though it was a hit at the time "Lets Get Rocked" has the most stupid lyrics too. 

Bascially I liked their stuff up to Hysteria, then with Adrenalize they did exactly as you said and tried to write waaay too many ballads.  They almost seemed to try too hard to write "hit songs".

Lomax wrote:

Yeah they really did. White Lightning is a great song and is worth buying Adrenalize for alone. I tend to throw together Leppard playlists nowadays and just pick my favs, although they have massive talent (still to this day) they're attempts at the pop thing fall flat.

I loved that new song undefeated.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I really like White Lightning too, that got a lot of play back by me when I bought Adrenalize years ago.

I can still listen to the Hysteria album from start to finish pretty happily, I like the majority of the whole album.  I actually went and bought the remastered cd version with the bonus disc and b-sides as well about 2 months ago.  I don't often buy any music these days unless I really like something, e.g. GNR, Slash etc  So that says something that I actually bought it especially when I already had the original Hysteria CD.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"The only two Def Leppard albums anyone will ever need is Pyromania & Hysteria.

Greatness Part I & Part II. Everything else is just pissin' in the wind." - Axlin08

I figured it was time again to dust that gem off.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

It takes a lot of confidence to quote yourself.

-Cramer 2013

(I'll say this one day I'm quite sure of it...<---also doubles as an inside joke for those in the know. Thanks I'll be here all week)

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Leppard is one of my favorite bands after GnR. I love all their albums even "X" and "Slang."

Board footer