You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Def Leppard

smoke wrote:

Hysteria from end to end sounds awesome! I'll have to check out the videos in a bit.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Set list for the first Vegas show, and a fan video of the show. (though I'm not sure if the video links are working)

http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/03/video … s.html?m=1

First set:

01. Good Morning Freedom 02. Wasted 03. Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes) 04. Foolin' 05. Promises 06. When Love And Hate Collide 07. Let It Go 08. Slang 09. Bringin' On The Heartbreak 10. Switch 625

Second set – "Hysteria" performed live:

11. Women 12. Rocket 13. Animal 14. Love Bites 15. Pour Some Sugar On Me 16. Armageddon It 17. Gods Of War 18. Don't Shoot Shotgun 19. Run Riot 20. Hysteria 21. Excitable 22. Love And Affection

Encore:

23. Rock Of Ages 24. Photograph

Looks like a pretty good set to me.  They've been playing basically the same set the past decade or so, so it's nice to see some different songs getting played.  Even if they are all old songs.  Wouldn't mind seeing more "Songs From The Sparkle Lounge" getting played.

Set for the 2nd show was switched up a bit.  Nicely done!

Wont Get Fooled Again (The Who cover - played along with after the climatic scream)
        High & Dry (Saturday Night)
        Action
        (Sweet cover)
        Another Hit and Run
        Too Late for Love
        Make Love Like a Man
        Foolin'
        Let's Get Rocked
        Hysteria Live
        Women
        Rocket
        Animal
        Love Bites
        Pour Some Sugar on Me
        Armageddon It
        Gods of War
        Don't Shoot Shotgun
        Run Riot
        Hysteria
        Excitable
        Love and Affection
        Encore:
        Rock of Ages
        Photograph

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

Those look like amazing shows.

The Who seem to be getting a lot of love from our favourite bands recently. It must be a sign they're worth checking out in more depth.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I decided to give DL's new stuff a listen and I really liked what I heard.  I listed to Yeah! and it was awesome.  It's a cover album and they Def Lepafide 14 really good glam rock songs from the 70's.  I listened to their live album Mirror Ball, and it was really cool listening to their old stuff sans the 80's overproduction.  I'm putting both on my buy list.  And on Songs From The Sparkle Lounge, I found this:

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Only  first two albums are worth checking out the rest is just lame cheesy poodle hair metal dirge

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

You might be right about the albums immediately following Hysteria, but the ones they just recently put out, that I described above, might surprise you.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

You should at least give Yeah! a listen. They covered some great songs, and it was cool hearing their wall of guitars sound on those classic tracks.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Only  first two albuma are worth checking out the rest is just lame cheesy poodle hair metal dirge

Nah. Both Pyro and Hysteria have some great material. I agree that everything from Adrenalize on is pretty much awful though.

"Pyromania" has few good songs but as a cohesive album it`s much weaker than "On Through the Night " and "High `N`Dry". "Hysteria" was very commercial  " Pour Some Sugar On Me " is one of the lamest songs I`ve heard they never were the same without Pete Willis

Board footer