You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Alice Cooper

jamester wrote:

Rolling Stone
Rob Zombie on Alice Cooper: "They were more than a band. They were a murderous gang of drag queens."

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
ALICE COOPER: Old-School Box Set Due In June http://bit.ly/hDYz4j

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
ALICE COOPER: Photos From ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction Ceremony http://bit.ly/eylD0R

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
ALICE COOPER, ROB ZOMBIE Interviewed At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction (Video) http://bit.ly/ihZ2qZ

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Cooper apparently tore it up last night. On a side note, look how Rolling Stone ended their r & r hall of fame review......

"The clock was inching towards 1:30 a.m. and the crowd was starting to thin, but those who stayed saw the unforgettable alliance of Cooper, Diamond, Love, John and Midler on "Da Doo Ron Ron." It was the kind of moment only possible at these ceremonies. "That's it from the greats of rock & roll," Shaffer said as the stage emptied. "We'll see you next year."

It's hard to imagine what they could do to top this event - but it will be the first year Guns N' Roses are eligible. 21

Nice. Axl would/will ruin the last 'real' moment in GN'R if he pulls some shit with not wanting to associate with the Hall.

Especially considering that it's almost a guarantee that Slash, Duff, Gilby, Steven & Matt will be there - at least.

Sky Dog wrote:

probably only induct original band and Matt....no Gilby

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

^ Agreed. Which leads to two predictions:
1. Axl won't play ball
2. GnR could get passed over if the HOF doesn't want a replay of the VH debacle. Hell, knowing (or NOT knowing to be more accurate) what goes on in their heads, GnR could get passed over anyways for years.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

You're right, but I wasn't saying Gilby would get inducted. Something tells me that even Matt wouldn't be, maybe. I think they'd just stick to the AFD lineup. BUT, it doesn't mean that other members could not attend and appear and show their support, it's happened before.

I just get this vision of Slash, Duff, Gilby, Steven, Matt all there, all smiles, Axl & Izzy blow it off for different reasons, and the whole thing just leaves a frown on your face.

With that said though, i'd be STUNNED to see GN'R get in on first ballot. Didn't it take Metallica awhile? Plus, there are bands like KISS which have deserved to be in for eons, and still ain't in.

I wonder if the HOF would sit back and actually WAIT for GN'R to reunite, then try to induct them. If they do that, it may never happen.

I wonder if Axl would compromise if they said, "yes you can bring select members from your new GN'R band, if you will perform with Slash"

But then, Slash would probably say, "I ain't fuckin' playing with Richard Fortus"

The thing has 'clusterfuck' written all over it.

It all lies within one man - Axl. I really hope he comes through on this, and puts his guns down for ONE night. At least. Just out of respect for his legacy. I personally think that if Axl agrees to do it, you could probably convince Izzy to be there too if Slash AND Axl are going to be involved. Most of the time Izzy was 'too cool' for that conformist stuff.

Sky Dog wrote:

If they get in and Axl agrees, they will all show up.

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
ALICE COOPER Talks ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME On 'Wrecker In The Morning' (Audio) http://bit.ly/eARCrp

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

You're right, but I wasn't saying Gilby would get inducted. Something tells me that even Matt wouldn't be, maybe. I think they'd just stick to the AFD lineup. BUT, it doesn't mean that other members could not attend and appear and show their support, it's happened before.

I just get this vision of Slash, Duff, Gilby, Steven, Matt all there, all smiles, Axl & Izzy blow it off for different reasons, and the whole thing just leaves a frown on your face.

With that said though, i'd be STUNNED to see GN'R get in on first ballot. Didn't it take Metallica awhile? Plus, there are bands like KISS which have deserved to be in for eons, and still ain't in.

I wonder if the HOF would sit back and actually WAIT for GN'R to reunite, then try to induct them. If they do that, it may never happen.

I wonder if Axl would compromise if they said, "yes you can bring select members from your new GN'R band, if you will perform with Slash"

But then, Slash would probably say, "I ain't fuckin' playing with Richard Fortus"

The thing has 'clusterfuck' written all over it.

It all lies within one man - Axl. I really hope he comes through on this, and puts his guns down for ONE night. At least. Just out of respect for his legacy. I personally think that if Axl agrees to do it, you could probably convince Izzy to be there too if Slash AND Axl are going to be involved. Most of the time Izzy was 'too cool' for that conformist stuff.

Robert Trujillo was inducted with Metallica and he only played on Death Magnetic so the rules to getting inducted are probably retarded.

Board footer