You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Black Sabbath

smoke wrote:

I can't stand her. This just reeks of semi-reunion.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Absolutely. All this is, despite the Toni thing, is Sharon doesn't want to pay Bill Ward.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke

smoke wrote:

Totally agreed. Fuck em all hard. What horseshit to pretend it's all on Bill.
It's insulting to him, the fans, and the legacy.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Vinny Appice, anyone?

smoke wrote:

Is no one learning anything from Dio's quick passing?

Least of them Bill Ward.

He opted out of the Heaven & Hell tour due to some disagreements.

Lomax wrote:

Kids with Bus Passes.

smoke

smoke wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Vinny Appice, anyone?

smoke wrote:

Is no one learning anything from Dio's quick passing?

Least of them Bill Ward.

He opted out of the Heaven & Hell tour due to some disagreements.

Yeah- any idea what the details of that were?  Sorry, in a dispute between Bill and Sharon (yeah, sure she's not behind this) I tend to assume Bill's in the right.

I'll gladly eat my words if details ever surface, but that's where I'd put my money.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

It started with the Dio Years compilation.

Ward on H&H wrote:

"There was a track that I was uncomfortable with," he said. "And I was trying to accomodate the wishes of a couple of the bandmembers, and I'm not very good when I have to do that.

Iommi on Ward wrote:

The record company was asking for the songs fairly quick — they wanted to get them out. And Bill wanted to take more time doing it, and it was getting longer and longer, and we thought, 'Well, it's probably best we don't do them with Bill,' because Bill was feeling uncomfortable. And it felt even more uncomfortable when we [spoke] to him about touring for a year.

- here

Trust me, I dislike Sharon & her methods as much as the next person. The stuff she pulled on Maiden the last time they were on Ozzfest by placing hecklers to the crowd and cutting off the PA was a particular low.

Just saying, Ward has a checkered history with Sabbath. He's come in, fiddled around a bit, lapsed into alcoholism, struck out, pleaded to get back and done it all over again. More than once. I take it a lot of that is water under the bridge when it comes to Iommi and Butler,  but Ward has a history of being difficult himself.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, interesting, but there's still a line. Rather than it being "Bill is difficult", it might be that Tommy & Geezer are just too easy to deal with. Even for as much as Ozzy was supposed to be a diva, just his mid-80's catalog alone shows he's not passive on aiming for the masses, as well as The Osbournes and the recent Colonoscopy commercials.

Bill might be the Axl of the group, but I don't know how much Bill added to the original material. Ozzy or Dio.

smoke

smoke wrote:

I'd love to know more. What was the track, what was the problem? Was it sound/quality, or contents, or what?

Also, I suppose I'm out of the loop on stuff like this, because honestly, I haven't been able to get excited about much on anything Ozzy's done for more than 10 years, but what's the story on Sharon and Iron Maiden? Why did she sabotage them, and where's the proof?  Link, anyone?

Board footer