You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Black Sabbath

apex-twin wrote:

Dude,

With all due respect,

No-one here is your personal Google or Wikipedia.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Sorry, thought this was a good place to talk about stuff like this. More interesting than just googling stuff, but here's me fucking off.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Bruce Dickinson was talking shit about reality TV, which Sharon saw as a personal attack.  She put hecklers in the crowd to throw shit at Iron Maiden and cut the PA during their set.  It was a pretty stupid ordeal.

smoke

smoke wrote:

I had no idea all this shit went down so long ago, and the reason I didn't look it up first was because I wasn't expecting it to be so well-documented. But it's everywhere, so I'm totally out of touch.

Thanks Rex.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Hey smoke,

All above board. Just that if you are really interested in something, you'll be more quick to find out about it by looking it up yourself. This is a good place to talk about it, sure. That's one thing. Asking for peeps to do ones cybersleuthing for them just gives out the impression one's too busy cyberslothing himself.

I may be a bit thick at that, but I was raised to a DIY mentality when it comes to acquiring data, this goes back to public school. If I make claims based on a separate account by someone, I maintain it's just good manners to back it up with a source. But if a reader wants to know more, s/he hopefully has enough keywords already to dig deeper on their own.

smoke

smoke wrote:

I hear ya dude, and agree. I honestly didn't even realize how lazy my question came off. No worries.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Hey smoke,

All above board. Just that if you are really interested in something, you'll be more quick to find out about it by looking it up yourself. This is a good place to talk about it, sure. That's one thing. Asking for peeps to do ones cybersleuthing for them just gives out the impression one's too busy cyberslothing himself.

I may be a bit thick at that, but I was raised to a DIY mentality when it comes to acquiring data, this goes back to public school. If I make claims based on a separate account by someone, I maintain it's just good manners to back it up with a source. But if a reader wants to know more, s/he hopefully has enough keywords already to dig deeper on their own.

What you're saying, is the EXACT fucking thing I should've said in that political thread.

I get sick and tired in life, when I talk about LIFE experiences, and actual 'gut instincts', but "where's your source" somehow invalidates your claims.

Fuck that. I don't really care if anyone believes it, i'm just telling what's down with it.

It's a pet peeve of mine too Apex, completely see your point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke

smoke wrote:

WTF. Yeah, I think he's just bringing it up.again. Almost sounds like he wants the fans to protest for.him
Regardless, it.sucks.as much as the first time we found out.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

You know I support Bill in this decision even though it will crush fans. So right now it's not Sabbath no matter what happens in terms of recording or touring with whatever drummer they find. Ultimate Classic Rock Magazine goes into more detail on Bill's statement. When I looked over the deal he mentioned in better depth, I would of told management to fuck off.  I do wish Tony the best in health and hope he is fighting and winning. As it stands it looks like it's Ozzy and his amazing friends for the time being. Not going to buy the album; but may check out what they come up when it appears online. I do hate it when money and business gets in the way of these reunions and album tours. It's fractured relationships of so many bands!

Board footer