You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Aerosmith Discussion

jamester wrote:

AEROSMITH's STEVEN TYLER And JOE PERRY 'Smoking The Peace Pipe' - Mar. 7, 2011
AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler has posted the following message on his Twitter profile:

"AeroFreaks rejoice... Joe [Perry, AEROSMITH guitarist] and I sent smoke signals, shot the shit and chewed the fat for the last year, but just smoked the peace pipe for an hour today. On our way to rockin' your fkin worlds this summer by locking ourselves away somewhere w/guitars and drums..."

Perry last month made it clear that he is still very much a member of AEROSMITH. The guitarist issued a series of posts at his Twitter page reassuring fans that he was still in the group and clarifying why he did not join them in Los Angeles for an eight-day writing session that concluded in early February. Perry's absence was initially reported by Billboard, which said that he was missing because of an "unspecified commitment."

Perry tweeted, "I am in AEROSMITH. I am not going anywhere.The band isn't writing any more. It was only for eight days."

He later responded to a fan question — presumably about rumors that he was leaving the band — by saying, "There's nothing to make up. We are brothers we have been texting back n forth since the tour ended. It's a bunch of BS."

Perry also wrote, "AEROSMITH and I will be writing in the spring. The guys only got together for eight days. I had previous plans could not get out of." He later added, "Steven and I text all of the time. He's my brother in arms, just like Brad [Whitford, guitar], Joey [Kramer, drums] and [bassist] Tom [Hamilton are]. Everything else is a rumor.

AEROSMITH has not written and recorded an album of all-new material since 2001's "Just Push Play". Perry told The Pulse Of Radio recently that he feels the band still has something to prove in the studio. "The bottom line is, we haven't done our best record yet, and we feel like, first of all we owe it to ourselves, and second of all, we owe it to our fans," he said. "That's where it starts and stops."

Plans for a new record have been on and off again for the past couple of years, as Tyler went into rehab and the band threatened to find a new singer after his antics cut a tour short.

After regrouping last summer and hitting the road again, the band was stunned to learn that Tyler had accepted a job as a judge on "American Idol", although he has maintained that a new album will be written and recorded during breaks from the show.
tylerjoetweet1.jpg
tylerjoetweet2.jpg

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTHNET  BLABBERMOUTH.NET
AEROSMITH Drummer To Sign Copies Of Autobiography At SXSW http://bit.ly/gRziXd

jamester

jamester wrote:

AEROSMITH To Perform On 'American Idol'? - Mar. 14, 2011
"American Idol" executive producer Nigel Lythgoe revealed last night that both AEROSMITH and Jennifer Lopez are on tap to perform at some point during the show's tenth season.

When asked by xfinityTV.com whether or not AEROSMITH or Lopez would perform on the season finale, Lythgoe replied. "It will probably be before that, actually."

AEROSMITH bassist Tom Hamilton recently told the Boston Herald that the band's lead singer Steven Tyler believes he has the time and energy to continue fronting the band while also being a judge on "American Idol". Hamilton explained, "Steven's been very emphatic in saying that the way his time is arranged on the show leaves room to work on a record. He's been taking great pains to remind everybody of that, so hopefully that's the way it will come out."

Yet Hamilton also admitted that things could change, saying, "There's a lot of not knowing what's going to happen, but that's how it's always been for us . . . Steven is an incredible I-can-do-anything kind of guy. But he's taken a big bite, and I'm looking forward to seeing him chew it."

Hamilton said he'd never watched "American Idol" and that the band found out about Tyler's involvement from its management. Guitarist Joe Perry voiced his displeasure in public, calling the program "one step above ('Teenage Mutant') 'Ninja Turtles'."
tyleridolnew.jpg

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://96xrocks.com/steven-tyler-iphone-app/
Steven Tyler iPhone App
Share on facebook!Share on twitter!Send to a friend!
By: Jeff Evans  |  2 weeks ago
T-Mobile Magenta Carpet At The NBA All-Star Game - Arrivals

Alberto E. Rodriguez, Getty Images

If you can’t get enough of Steven Tyler by watching American Idol or listening to Aerosmith albums, you’re in luck. The rocker has created a new mobile app called Steven Tyler’s AppSoLewdly. With it, fans have access to exclusive, unpredictable and uncensored videos and photos of Steven. The app even boasts a digital sound box filled with Steven’s most outrageous “Tylerisms.” Get the app today for three bucks at iTunes.com.
919b38_App_03042011.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Dear God, do NOT let Aerosmith perform on AI.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester

jamester wrote:

Rolling Stone
We'll be talking to Steven Tyler tomorrow--what do you want to ask him? @ reply to us and we'll choose the best questions.

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
AEROSMITH Drummer To Be Interviewed On 'Austin Live' http://bit.ly/e0jRsF

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/insid … e_on_idol/

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry told BostonHerald.com that reports of the band's upcoming appearance on "American Idol" are news to him.

"I don't know anything about it," Perry said. "No one's said a word to me."

"All I know is that we're working on an AEROSMITH record this summer, and we've got tours scheduled in South America and Japan in the fall, but Japan could be up in the air because of all that's happened there," he

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hopefully Joe will stamp out the AI thing.

Board footer