You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Aerosmith Discussion

monkeychow wrote:

I feel the same about Duff/Izzy singing in a band with Axl....

When you have an Axl/Steven Tyler character around....maybe you should stick to your instruments wink

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

was different in GNR cause UYI had 30 songs.. so a few is ok

If it were a 12 song album then NO.

plus Izzy can sing and is ineresting... Joe is terrible.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Im definitely in love with the song and video for "What Could've Been Love"

Its really grown on me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with D. The difference here is that the Izzy/Duff songs actually appealed to GN'R, and what they were about. It fit their Stones-rock core + punk-vibe. It worked.

Plus it was a rare occasion, and tbh So Fine featured an Axl & Duff duet, not just Duff. TSI was a covers album -- doesn't count.

And Izzy actually had some singing ability on a Bob Dylan level.

I actually literally see this as apples and oranges. And I would say the same thing with the Stones. Keith Richards had some folksy appeal to his voice.

Joe took lead, and fucking sucks. Bug off.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I haven't heard Joe's song on the new album, but on Walk On Down off Get A Grip, and Falling Off from Nine Lives, he's far from as bad as some of you are making out. He actually reminds me of Izzy a bit.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I like his vocals on Drop Dead Gorgeous on Just Push Play

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Eh, I'm not gonna change anybody's mind, but even going way back I dig Bright Light Fright and Combination a lot.

-D- wrote:

I like his vocals on Drop Dead Gorgeous on Just Push Play

Then when listening to Just Push Play for the first time, and noticing it sucked, I looked ahead in the liner notes and thought, "Oh Joe sings that one, there's gonna be a nice bluesy number in here at least."  Then found out they fucked that one up in all the same ways they did the rest of that album...  It's not a perfect system.

Lomax wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

When you have an Axl/Steven Tyler character around....maybe you should stick to your instruments wink

The thing about Izzy's singing for me is that it sounds good. He might not have huge range but his singing voice sounds like a singing voice you know? It sounds melodic and tuneful.
Perry's sounds like a pack of cats that got hold of Stephen Hawkings voice device

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Riad wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The thing about Izzy's singing for me is that it sounds good. He might not have huge range but his singing voice sounds like a singing voice you know? It sounds melodic and tuneful.
Perry's sounds like a pack of cats that got hold of Stephen Hawkings voice device

You've gotta turn your karma back on if you're gonna post zingers like that 16

hehe I also accept Karma in the form of small cash donations

Board footer