You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Aerosmith Discussion

faldor wrote:

Weird story.  That Nicki Minaj seems a bit unstable.  Oops!  That probably makes me a racist in her mind.

http://www.noise11.com/news/steven-tyle … dium=email

Steven Tyler Insists He’s Not Racist

by Music-News.com on November 29, 2012

Steven Tyler is ‘the farthest thing’ from being a bigot.

The Aerosmith rocker and former American Idol judge was at the receiving end of Nicki’s vicious Twitter rant on Tuesday.

Steven told MTV News that he was confident that the Pink Friday rapper would have ‘sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield’ should the folk singer have appeared on the show today. He was also dismayed by the lack of ‘camaraderie’ on the panel, ostensibly referencing Nicki’s recent feud with Mariah.

In response to Steven’s comments, Nicki advised Steven to go ‘fuck’ himself on Twitter, saying that his statement was ‘a racist comment.’

Steven claims this allegation couldn’t be farther from the truth.

“I apologise if it was taken wrong, Nicki,” Steven revealed on Canadian show eTalk Tuesday.

“But I am the farthest thing from [being a racist] … I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don’t know where she got that out of me saying I’m not sure how she would have judged Bob Dylan.

“Maybe I spoke out of turn. But a racist I”m not, Nicki.”

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

She's full of shit. I can't stand her persona and she can't sing or perform. She's nothing but a music fad that will eventually fad away like most pop acts. Give me a break. What a wack job!  I may not agree with both Steven and even the full band of Aerosmith's decision making in terms of music and other media; but Steven can still fucking sing and he's been going at it for 40+ years.  He's one of the best front-man out there.  She needs to get over herself, it's just an opinion.  He just doesn't care for her so called talent.  It's not the end of the world, Nicki. roll

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think Simon Cowell would probably send Bob Dylan packing these days.  It isn't what sells, or what American Idol is about.  They're looking for a pre-packaged pop act that they can pump for all it's worth for the short term.  So I think Nikki took that comment a little too personal, or maybe Steven made it too personal.

In the end though, I think Nikki's response was made solely to get a reaction and grab headlines.  Which, she seems good at.  Like her recent rant about blaming Wal Mart for the poor sales of her latest album.  She's on a role of late.  Can't stop now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A black woman who spends all of her time trying to look white.

And Steven Tyler's a racist. roll

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Finally sat down and listened to the new album... and umm, reader beware.

AEROSMITH: Music From Another Dimension!

1. LUV XXX
--- Steven's parts aren't bad, but the band itself never really grabs me. VERY forgettable.

2. Oh Yeah
--- Better than LUV XXX imo. The song tries to be something from days of glory. Not a bad B-side. I dig it. Alot of energy. Guitar work is good, melody is strong. Thumbs up.

3. Beautiful
--- Opening is fucking horrendous. Melody is actually strong and doesn't fit the song AT ALL. The melody/chorus ironically is very modern and very radio-ready, sadly it's surrounded by literal turd. Then the song is too short,  so they tack on a guitar solo and more padding of the chorus. A trainwreck. What were they thinking?

4. Tell Me
--- Decent Steve-dominant song. Very appealing. I liked every second of it. Very good.

5. Out Go The Lights
--- "Lick her in the front and poke her in the back". I'm speechless. Lyrically it's definitely entertaining, but truthfully there's nothing here. Joe's solo is pretty damn solid though. Frankly it's another trainwreck tho. The backend is padded with an additional solo that's completely out of place -- again. Something is wrong here.

6. Legendary Child
--- Definitely the single on the album. I know now why this dropped first. Really the only instantly accessible song i've heard so far, other than maybe Tell Me. Still... this would be a B-side 20 years ago.

7. What Could Have Been Love
--- This is a VERY good song honestly. Sure it's "been there, done that" at this point, but honestly it's umm... fucking awesome frankly. Easily my favorite song on the album so far. Sappy, but in classic 80s/90s-Aerosmith quality -- done better than anyone else. REALLY good.

8. Street Jesus
--- This song tries to be something, but I never feel any passion for it, nor for it in itself. The fact that it's nearly 7 minutes long is laughable. Next...

9. Can't Stop Loving You
--- Fucking awful. Just fucking awful. Tries HARD to be some sort of epic duet ballad, and it's just... panderous bullshit. A "this band is dead" moment.

10. Lover Alot
--- The lyrics are laughable, but in this case it WORKS. Thank God. Great energy, the vibe is pure 80's sleaze. Steven goes dirty, but the song works. Chorus works for the song. Joe has a nice solo. Nice B-side rocker.

11. We All Fall Down
--- Song tries it's damndest to be some sort of epic vintage 80's ballad, and it just doesn't work. There's no melody to go with the chorus, and the song ends up being an epic fail instead.

12. Freedom Fighter
--- An absolute trainwreck. I know i've used that term alot, but this album is largely major hit or miss. Instrumentals are okay, then just go to the dogs in the end. Vocals are horrendous. Sucks.

13. Closer
--- The song gets right UP THERE, and then trips and falls in the chorus. It could've been something, but the chorus is about 85% finished. Steven just needed to hit about two more notes to put it over and doesn't. Fail. Next...

14. Something
--- The absolute WORST song on any Gene Simmons solo album is better than this. Does that sum it up for you?

15. Another Last Goodbye
--- A lock out ballad, decent start. Fails in the chorus. Nothing there. The stuff around the chorus is actually fucking stellar honestly. But the chorus fails it and ultimately buries it as a cutting room floor demo ballad for a box set-type of song.

*1/2 stars - 1.5/5 -- Fairly Poor

I love how the album locks out *woo woo* "We now return you to your perception of reality"

THANK GOD! I love my reality! You know? The one where Joe Perry doesn't sing songs and Aerosmith doesn't suck major chimp! I like that reality.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Apparently Izzy turned up and played with Aerosmith a few nights ago 22 Clip of Mama Kin w. Izzy:

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Thanks for the review Axlin, I'm having doubts about buying this album now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Thanks for the review Axlin, I'm having doubts about buying this album now.

I've had the vinyl in my hands 3 separate times over the past 2 weeks and ended up passing on it each time. Given Axlin's review, I may not even bother listening to it at all.

I actually saw the CD version in a bin with all of these low priced CDs at a Walmart a couple days ago. I'm not joking.  After looking at the reviews of you guys and the critics online, I think I'm going to pass and save my money on some better purchases later.

Board footer