You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Aerosmith Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

I would recommend buying some downloads possibly of Tell Me, What Could Have Been Love, and Lover Alot. Outside of that... your risk.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I've been on the fence about buying this album. And part of me still wants to buy it to support them, because they're one of the last great rock n roll bands. But at the same time, I don't want to support them if they're releasing shit... 14

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Eddie Trunk tweeted the other day how much he loved the new album.

Of course, he's been hanging with the band recently and was comped some pretty sick tickets to one of their shows, so his opinion may be a bit skewed.  He always prides himself on speaking the truth, but his opinion differs so vastly from others I've read.  Something has to give.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Eddie I believed also just loved Saints of LA, which was sucktastic. Literally only a couple singles on that thing (typical Crue) was worth a listen.

About the only thing I ever remember agreeing with him on was the stellar quality of the last couple of Whitesnake albums. As a major hater of that band for alot of years, those suckers are rocking from start to finish.

Aerosmith's new offering, does have a few tracks that are quality. My initial rating could probably be bumped up to a 2/5, but that's as high as it goes.

Then again in fairness, i'm comparing Music From Another Dimension to the Aerosmith of 20 years ago. I never really bought Just Push Play or Honkin' On Bobo. So maybe this new output is comparable to those, and this isn't a major change. I dunno. I wasn't impressed beyond a couple of single-worthy tracks.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I have the Essential Aerosmith; so I'm happy for the time being with what I want from the band. Going to pass on this album though.

Eddie Trunk has some messed up opinions and is easily changed. He was backing Sammy on Van Halen not being as good on their recent album before it even came out based on Tattoo not being a good lead single. Now Eddie loves the album and it's same thing with Guns. (..and the other bands I could go on) He said before he wasn't into GNR; but now he won't stop talking about them since he's buddy buddy with 21 , Steven, and some of the other alumni. Still watch TMS from time to time only if there is an artist or band that is talked about that I'm fan of. Other than that Florentine is the only consistent of the bunch.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Eddie Trunk has some messed up opinions and is easily changed. He was backing Sammy on Van Halen not being as good on their recent album before it even came out based on Tattoo not being a good lead single. Now Eddie loves the album and it's same thing with Guns. (..and the other bands I could go on) He said before he wasn't into GNR; but now he won't stop talking about them since he's buddy buddy with 21 , Steven, and some of the other alumni.

Eddie's been pretty consistent with his views on GNR.  Obviously he wouldn't say it when interviewing Axl, but he has said he's not a big fan of CD.  He's said he didn't even like the UYI's all that much.  It was too bloated for him.  And he even prefers Snakepit to VR.  He just prefers basic rock I guess, nothing too fancy.  I'm the opposite, for the most part.

But his complaint about "Tattoo" was it was too "poppy".  Can't the same be said for the "good songs" on this Aerosmith album?  I honestly can't say, because I've only heard 2 songs so far, but that's what I'm lead to believe.  So in that sense, his opinions seem inconsistent.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Then again in fairness, i'm comparing Music From Another Dimension to the Aerosmith of 20 years ago. I never really bought Just Push Play or Honkin' On Bobo. So maybe this new output is comparable to those, and this isn't a major change. I dunno. I wasn't impressed beyond a couple of single-worthy tracks.

Yeah, if you go into this trying to compare this to Aerosmith in their prime (which, to be fair, THEY were doing before it was released) you're going to be super disappointed in it.

It shits all over Just Push Play(which isn't hard to do), but I think Honkin' On Bobo is much better than this(but I liked that one quite a bit).

After JPP I came into this one with super low expectations.  It's better than those expectations, but that doesn't say much.

Like I said in an earlier post, I think it's worth checking out...  but I can't give it any higher endorsement than that.  There are some good songs, some bad songs, and a lot of, "meh".

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Meh 5/10 Adler album shits all of it

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

..And that's the sad thing. Steven was able to get his shit together, form a killer band, and release a hard rocking album in about a year while Aerosmith have a stumbling mess of an album with no focus and have been around for more than 40 years. Really a duet with Carrie Underwood? 10

Board footer