You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Aerosmith Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

25921_362385694456_131897829456_3593833_1900317_n.jpg

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.undercover.fm/news/14706-ste … ith-reject

Steven Tyler Solo Song Is Aerosmith Reject
By Music-News.com
11 hours ago (Wed, 11 May 2011 13:30:07 +1000)

His bandmates in Aerosmith may not have liked the song, but Steven Tyler heard something that he thought was appealing, so he recorded a solo version of (It) Feels So Good.

He told website Rollingstone.com, "They didn't like it, so I just kept it for the last couple of years."

Now Steven has released the track on his own, he is confident it will become a huge summer hit.

He explained, "I wrote the song at the Sunset Marquis hotel in Los Angeles a few years ago. I swear it's going to be a hit.

"I can hear it coming out of people's cars this summer. I'm a fool for melody, man. I've got to have melody. I miss it, and there it is."

Although he is still part of Aerosmith, Steven's relationship with the other band members, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer, has been factitious since 2009 when he almost quit the group and subsequently went through rehab for painkillers, causing the group to announce they were to look for a new singer.

Joe was also unhappy with Steven taking his job on American Idol, but the singer has dismissed his actions, saying: "Joe's got LSD, Lead Strummer Disorder. We've been brothers forever. He's just going through his thing."

Steven is also glad he never gave (It) Feels So Good to another artist to record, adding: "Once one person gets it, they put it out. So that wouldn't work. I feel so f***ing good, even though it's a bit of a risk."

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm not shocked by that at all. From the beginning I thought immediately it sounded like late 90's/early 2000's Aerosmith.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The single is pretty catchy.  I have a feeling it will do quite well, do to his association with the monster known as American Idol.  Aerosmith's sales have benefited, so I'd expect more of the same here.  Unfortunately, that show, and others like it, can really help an artist out these days.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

AEROSMITH's JOE PERRY Explains 'American Idol' Non-Appearance - May 18, 2011
AEROSMITH will not perform on the season finale of "American Idol" — despite singer Steven Tyler's insistence to the contrary.

Tyler, who is one of the judges on the current season of "Idol", told Billboard.com that he will reunite with his bandmates May 25, the grand finale of this season's Fox TV singing contest.

"Oh, yeah, we're playing the last show of the season." Tyler said. "It was always my intention, always, to get AEROSMITH on the show. I mean, Joe's [Perry, guitar] done it. I'm ready for it. I would love to play with AEROSMITH."

However, in a series of postings on his Facebook page over the weekend, Perry made it clear that the four other members of AEROSMITH weren't interested in playing the gig, insisting that they would rather appear on "Idol" when the band has something to promote like an upcoming tour or a new album.

"[We're] not playing 'Idol' 'cause we were never asked by producers," Perry wrote. "Brad [Whitford, fellow AEROSMITH guitarist] has gig that night with [EXPERIENCE HENDRIX]. It's not logistically possible.

"AEROSMITH's looking forward to playing 'American Idol' next season when our new CD is out and we can prepare [for] a kick-ass show if they ask us.

"Really looking forward to recording with AEROSMITH this July [and] August to finish our long-awaited CD. Icing on cake, Jack Douglas is producing.

"The band [definitely] wants to tour after the new CD. We want to rock out in the U.S. and for our Blue Army behind some new songs.

"There is no peace pipe to smoke because I have no problem with anything Steven is doing. It's all media driven. In case ya didn't get that."

Douglas — who has also worked with THE WHO and John Lennon — produced a number of classic AEROSMITH albums in the Seventies, including "Toys In The Attic" and "Rocks". He also worked on 2004's "Honkin' On Bobo" covers set.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If you told me 10 years ago that Slash would've.... I'd of said "yeah, I believe it".

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

If you would've told me as soon as 10 years ago that Aerosmith would come to this, I'd have punched you dead in the face.

I'm not surprised by it. They sold out a long, long time ago.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Run DMC

'nuff said

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer