You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Aerosmith Discussion

jamester wrote:

STEVEN TYLER Interviewed By NIKKI SIXX (Audio) - May 20, 2011
tylersixx.jpg
AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler was interviewed on the May 10, 2011 edition of "Sixx Sense", the national radio program hosted by MÖTLEY CRÜE/SIXX: A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx. Tyler gave Sixx his first in-depth radio interview — connecting on a personal level about their common goal of finding and breaking new artists, Tyler through his role as a judge on "American Idol" and Sixx as host of the radio show syndicated to over 70 alternative and mainstream rock stations by Premiere Networks. In a deep and personal interview, Tyler sat down with Sixx to talk about his new autobiography, "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?", becoming a judge on "American Idol", his new single (his first U.S. solo single ever), "(It) Feels So Good", and to catch up on lives well lived. Both icons of rock can boast a literal return from the dead to now being on top of the world.

listen here http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=158383

jamester

jamester wrote:

Joey Kramer
by Aerosmith
24 years sobriety today ! I'm grateful & blessed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Now that's a sober tweet were tweeting. Good job Joey.

Not fuckin' Baz... "3 days sober" - roll

One day at a time, that's fine, but you don't have to tweet every second of your life.

jamester

jamester wrote:

STEVEN TYLER To Join Forces With JEDWARD On 'Walk This Way' Cover? - May 23, 2011
According to The Sun, JEDWARD — the Irish pop rap duo led by identical twins John Paul Henry Daniel Richard Grimes and Edward Peter Anthony Kevin Patrick Grimes — is in talks with Steven Tyler about teaming up for a cover version of AEROSMITH's classic '70s song "Walk This Way".

A source tells The Sun: "JEDWARD never thought someone like Steve would join forces with them and on such a massive song. But it looks likely to happen. The excitement has sent them into a spin."

In 1986, RUN-D.M.C. helped revitalize AEROSMITH's career by covering "Walk This Way". The seemingly unlikely collaboration also helped break rap into mainstream pop music, as it was the first rap song to make the Top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Can lightning strike 3 times?  Who the hell is Jedward?  At least Run DMC were a household, legendary rap group.  Then again, I'm far removed from the rap scene.  Maybe Jedward is the modern day Run DMC.  Somehow I doubt it though.

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
STEVEN TYLER To Perform With STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Members At 'American Idol' Finale http://dlvr.it/SzxqS

[youtube]RzeHu_lSYUw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Great to see Steven Tyler still has some great vocals in him, even if he was miming his piano playing... 14

The STP brothers sounded great too!:mosh:

jamester

jamester wrote:

JOE PERRY: 'I Am Looking Forward To The New AEROSMITH CD' - May 26, 2011
joeperrysolo.jpg
Steve Baltin of the newly launched online version of Creem magazine recently conducted an interview with AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Creem: What are your hopes for AEROSMITH musically?

Perry: We always did our songs as vehicles to play live. I think you can hear bits and pieces of it from my last solo record, the way we used to. I hope on the next AEROSMITH record I hope we can try some of that the way it used to be a long time ago. Part of it is also just sticking to the roots, the basic roots, which is rock 'n' roll, that's how we started.

Creem: Have you been writing for this record?

Perry: I don't really look at things like, "Oh, it's record time." I'm always writing and stuff. And I was talking to Rick Rubin, who said, "Make a cassette of all the bands you first heard who turned you on, who when you first heard made you go, 'This is it, this is the path, this is where I want to go.' Fill it up with all those songs and listen to them." Sure enough it puts you back in that head space and you start forgetting about Eddie Van Halen's lighting speed, unbelievable guitar playing, Sid Vicious' bleeding nose, disco, alternative music, or what's all the hubbub about.

Creem: How has the break helped you?

Perry: The recent break from AEROSMITH has been good because I was able to get away from the daily grind. The last five years I have had three knee surgeries, two of which were replacement, all on my right knee. During the time the band was on break from canceled or postponed shows it allowed me time to work on and put out two solo CDs. I finished a solo CD, got the JOE PERRY PROJECT back on the road, and toured with MÖTLEY CRÜE and BAD COMPANY in the U.K. Plus I did my own headline tour. So this break comes at a perfect time for me to recharge and get some perspective on things. I am looking forward to the new AEROSMITH CD and touring after its release so all of our fans can hear our new music.

Read the entire interview from Creem magazine.

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
STEVEN TYLER Will Return For Next Season Of 'American Idol', Says RANDY JACKSON http://dlvr.it/TDcQV

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Can- … kbP5BNqKjQ
1041.jpg?a=1105777740850
Aerosmith Tour Dates Announced for South America & Mexico 2011 JUST ANNOUNCED - New Tour Dates, Pre-sales Starting This Week!

October 22     Lima, Peru   
October 25     Santiago, Chile   
October 28       Buenos Aires, Argentina   
October 30      Sao Paulo, Brazil   
November 1 Panama City, Panama   
November 3 Bogota, Colombia
November 8    Mexico City, Mexico       
November 10    Guadalajara, Mexico   

Get your VIP Ticket Packages EXCLUSIVELY at AeroForceOne.com!

Board footer