You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: proshot HOB

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

If you think about it, imagine all the old line up footage they have. Why a Live Era DVD with the Perfect Crime Documentary (which would have been an absolute gold mine release, imo) would have been fantastic. Making Fucking Videos was really cool, but go figure, not on DVD. Why they've never taken this stuff more serious is beyond me. I'm not talking about now, but back in the day as well. Live in Tokyo just doesn't cut it.

Watching some of the 2006 tour right now. Damn, great shows, footage.

Yeah, some bands go overboard with stuff they put out for their fans.  Countless Greatest Hits, "live" CD's and DVD's.  Some stuff that even hardcore fans feel that are pure cash grabs from their favorite bands.  But GNR is the complete opposite.  There has to be a middle ground somewhere, but I don't think we'll ever see it with this band.

johndivney wrote:

we, or rather anyone who isn't me, should start an internet campaign bombing gnr & gnr associated twitters with requests to release some blu-ray's n shit.

it's so stupid. i mean here are a legion of fans willing to give you there money for your product.. so release something good & people will give you money.. wtf is so complicated..

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I cant stand how GNR has truckloads of footage and refuse to share a millisecond of it with their fans 17

I can't stand how they refuse to sell it wink

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

If you think about it, imagine all the old line up footage they have. Why a Live Era DVD with the Perfect Crime Documentary (which would have been an absolute gold mine release, imo) would have been fantastic. Making Fucking Videos was really cool, but go figure, not on DVD. Why they've never taken this stuff more serious is beyond me. I'm not talking about now, but back in the day as well. Live in Tokyo just doesn't cut it.

Watching some of the 2006 tour right now. Damn, great shows, footage.

The funny thing is the toyko show a few nites before (where they played coma) was a much better show, and they didnt release that one instead.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Tokyo 92 doesn't do anything justice. A shit Jap audience, and some of the songs are pretty bad as well. There are hundreds of show they could have picked, but chose that one. Blahhhhh

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:

we, or rather anyone who isn't me, should start an internet campaign bombing gnr & gnr associated twitters with requests to release some blu-ray's n shit.

it's so stupid. i mean here are a legion of fans willing to give you there money for your product.. so release something good & people will give you money.. wtf is so complicated..

It is frustrating when you start thinking about this stuff.

But like Tom Zutaut said in an interview: "Axl Rose is the only one I've worked with in the biz who truly doesen't care about money!" (or something like that...)

Sure, many of you prolly got some arguments which "proves" otherswise.

But imo, in that statement and in the perfectionist nature he goes about his art, lies the answer to the huge video/audio vault and the few official releases!

(Oh oh, and on top of that, the posible strained relationship to the label, that in the end would be the company to officially release any of it...)
wink

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I wouldn't say he doesn't care about money, everyone does.  But he certainly doesn't feel the need to push each and every thing onto the fanbase.  The problem is, it's to the extreme.  Guns N' Roses has to be the biggest band with the smallest amount of official releases in the history of rock and roll. 

It's no secret that Axl is leaving money on the table.  With the obvious reunion card being the biggest payday that it doesn't appear he'll ever play.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
faldor wrote:

I wouldn't say he doesn't care about money, everyone does.

I'm pretty sure Zutaut didn't mean it in a litteral way, like "fuck-all-of-it-Im-gonna-give-it-all-away-and-live-in-a-cave-and-hunt-my-food-with-my-bare-hands-for-the-rest-of-my-life"

I'm sure it was meant in a biz-kinda-way.

But in reading the rest of your post, it seems like you got that!  smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

With all of the Bucket love, and 2010 "return to hard rock" versions of Guns N' Roses, we forget how great that 2006-07 band was in it's own right.

I'm proud I saw them live. I just wish Izzy had been there.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer