You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Jack's documentary God Bless Ozzy Osbourne is premiering at the Tribec

jamester wrote:

Mrs Sharon Osbourne
Jack's documentary God Bless Ozzy Osbourne is premiering at the Tribeca Film Festival! http://fb.me/BCb5RzJP

http://www.tribecafilm.com/festival/med … NINGS.html

10th TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES FILM SELECTIONS FOR SPOTLIGHT AND CINEMANIA SECTIONS AND SPECIAL SCREENINGS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
» download PDF

10th TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES FILM SELECTIONS FOR SPOTLIGHT AND CINEMANIA SECTIONS AND SPECIAL SCREENINGS

TRIBECA/ESPN SPORTS FILM FESTIVAL LINEUP ALSO REVEALED
New York, NY [March 14, 2011] – The  Tribeca Film Festival (TFF), presented by American Express, today announced its feature film selections in the Spotlight and Cinemania sections, as well as Special Screenings and the Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival lineup. The 10th edition of the Festival will take place from April 20 to May 1 in lower Manhattan.

“Now that the majority of the program has been announced I believe you will see the rich variety and quality of the films and talent that we are presenting at Tribeca this year,” said David Kwok, Director of Programming. “The program is about both discovery and showcasing a broad range of filmmaking to our eclectic and diverse audiences who are passionate about film.”

“This year’s Spotlight is a mixture of carefully selected festival favorites from around the globe, highly anticipated  releases,  a number of  new works by high profile filmmakers and films with subjects of special note,” said Genna Terranova, Senior Programmer. “And in Cinemania we really kick it up a notch with boundary-pushing genre films packed with action, sexy thrills, and an extra helping of blood and guts for good measure."

The Spotlight section is comprised of 33 films that highlight the works of a wide array of both established and rising talent as well as recognizable subjects. This exciting mix of current global cinema consists of 16 documentaries and 17 narratives, 16 of which will world premiere at the Festival. The Cinemania section offers an eclectic assortment of eight narrative films that defy categorization from all around the world.

The Tribeca Film Festival has screened more than 1,100 films from more than 80 countries since its first edition in 2002. Since inception, it has attracted an international audience of more than 3 million attendees and has generated an estimated $600 million in economic activity for New York City.

About the 2011 Festival Sponsors:
As Founding Sponsor of the Tribeca Film Festival, American Express is committed to supporting the Festival and the art of filmmaking, bringing business and energy to New York City and offering Cardmembers and festivalgoers the opportunity to enjoy the best of storytelling through film.

The Festival is pleased to announce the return of its Signature Sponsors: Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Apple, Bloomberg, Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC), Brookfield, Caesars Atlantic City, Heineken USA, LG Electronics USA, NBC 4 New York, NCM Media Networks, New York Nonstop, RR Donnelley, Stolichnaya Vodka, The New York Times, Time Warner Cable and Vanity Fair. The Tribeca Film Festival is also honored to welcome the following new Signature Sponsors: Accenture and Magnum Ice Cream.

PRESS CONTACTS:
TFF/Rubenstein Communications:

Dade Hayes (212) 843-8022, dhayes@rubenstein.com
Kristen Bothwell (212) 843-9227, kbothwell@rubenstein.com 

TFF/Tribeca Enterprises:
Tammie Rosen,VP of Communications, (212) 941-2003, trosen@tribecaenterprises.com

MEDIA NOTE:  Film stills for the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival are available at www.image.net. If you are not an image.net media user yet, please register using the following referral code: 2604.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'd be VERY interested in seeing this.

jamester

jamester wrote:

SHARON OSBOURNE Says 'God Bless' Film Shows 'Different Side' Of OZZY - Mar. 22, 2011
Hollyscoop.com spoke to Ozzy Osbourne's wife/manager Sharon and son Jack at the Los Angeles reception for the Tribeca Film Festival on Monday, March 21 at W Hollywood Hotel in Hollywood, California. You can now watch the chat below.

"God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" (formerly "Wreckage Of My Past"), the much-anticipated "intimate" documentary that delves deep into the life of heavy metal legend Ozzy Osbourne, will be shown at the 10th annual Tribeca Film Festival, which runs from April 20 to May 1 in New York City.

"God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" will be the first release from Jacko Productions, a company started by Ozzy's son Jack Osbourne.

"It's something that came from our hearts," Sharon told Hollyscoop.com about the film. "It's about my husband, Jack's father. We [took on] the project with great passion and we feel that Jack managed to get a different side of Ozzy on film, somebody where it's not really Ozzy Osbourne, it's really the father on film."

When asked what parts of Ozzy's life he was trying to highlight in the documentary, Jack said, "We go back to him being a school boy, all the way up to... He got sober about five years ago, and it's all about everything kind of culminating up to that moment when he decided that... enough of the partying and let's see what life has to offer in a kind of a sober realm. So it's very much about him coming to terms with the fact that you can't keep going at that level for so long; eventually you've gotta get sober."

Description of the film, provided by the festival's organizers, appears below.

"God Bless Ozzy Osbourne", directed by Mike Fleiss and Mike Piscitelli. Produced by Jack Osbourne, Marc Weingarten and Jordan Tappis. (United States) – World Premiere, Documentary. Ozzy. For four decades, the name has been synonymous not just with a singular brand of blistering heavy metal, but also with a life lived to the extreme. Made for fans and the uninitiated alike, this definitive portrait of a troubled star — told in part through the eyes of his family — relives Ozzy's artistic triumphs while chronicling his arduous journey to sobriety and peace.

Ozzy's four-decade track record as a culturally relevant artist is unprecented, but his personal struggles have been shrouded in myth and secrecy. Featuring never-before seen footage uncovered from the archives and interviews with Paul McCartney, Tommy Lee and others, "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" is the first documentary to take viewers inside the complex mind of rock's great icon.

Emerging from a working class family in war-torn England, Osbourne and his neighborhood friends formed BLACK SABBATH and invented heavy metal. Plagued by self-doubt, Osbourne the solo superstar went on an epic binge that lasted 40 years. "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" will relive the highs of his artistic triumphs as well as his fraught journey to sobriety, which Ozzy regards as his greatest accomplishment.

Filming for "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" began in January 2008. The documentary will reportedly include additional interviews with all the principal members of BLACK SABBATH, the various incarnations of Ozzy's solo band, family and friends.

Ozzy said in a recent interview that he was hoping the film would include footage showing the singer in "a bad mood" — so fans can see Ozzy's real personality. "I said to [my son], 'Jack it can't be how wonderful I am all the time because I'm not that way all the time, everybody wakes up in a bad mood, everybody is a bit of a dick sometimes and everybody has a good day,'" he explained. "I'm human, you know.

"I'm hoping he's put a bit of sweet and sour in there," Ozzy added, "A documentary about my life is great but for every good thing there's a bad thing you know. When I was out there drinking and doing drugs I don't suppose I was Mister Charming."

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Jack stated about the movie, "The hard thing is getting people to be honest and not have it be a fluff piece, because that's not what we're trying to do. I'm trying to paint a realistic picture of who my father is. I think 'The Osbournes', to a degree, tarnished the public's perception of my dad as a bit of a senile, funny, bumbling guy. Yeah, my dad can be that guy, but it's not him. I think that almost discredited who he is as an artist. My dad's not an idiot — he's nothing short of a genius, in my opinion. He does have huge flaws, and we're trying to really paint an honest picture of that."

According to Variety, Jack Osbourne filmed several of his father's concerts, compiled early archive footage, and was hoping to secure an interview with Ozzy's first wife. He was planning to put the footage together with Piscitelli and Tappis before talking to distributors.

"I want people to see John Osbourne as the guy I grew up with, the tormented, complex musician whose personal demons manifest themselves in so many crazy, unique ways," Osbourne said. "He's agreed to it but is putting up his guard, massively afraid of putting his true self out there on display for people to see."

ozzygodbless.jpg

jamester

jamester wrote:

God Bless Ozzy Osbourne': New Trailers Released - Apr. 20, 2011
"God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" (formerly "Wreckage Of My Past"), the much-anticipated "intimate" documentary that delves deep into the life of heavy metal legend Ozzy Osbourne, will be shown at the 10th annual Tribeca Film Festival, which runs from April 20 to May 1 in New York City.

Screening times:

* Sunday, April 24 at 6:00 p.m. - BMCC Tribeca PAC
* Thursday, Apr 28 at 9:30 p.m. - SVA Theater 1 Silas
* Saturday, Apr 30 at 1:00 p.m. - AMC Loews Village 7 - 2

A couple of trailers for the film can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=157045

godblessposter.jpg

AnitaW17
 Rep: 1 

AnitaW17 wrote:

Thats cool. Will have to check that out smile

jamester

jamester wrote:

Ozzy Osbourne
Get your ticket for @GodBlessOzzyDoc premiere tm http://bit.ly/igIU5o See the doc, meet the fam & collect your gift bag http://bit.ly/ijTAtL

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester

jamester wrote:

'God Bless Ozzy Osbourne' Documentary Reviewed By ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY - Apr. 25, 2011
The first review of "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" (formerly "Wreckage Of My Past"), the much-anticipated "intimate" documentary that delves deep into the life of heavy metal legend Ozzy Osbourne, can be found at Entertainment Weekly.

"What could have been a glossy, fawning tribute to the most visible face in heavy metal music history — especially considering it was co-produced by his son, Jack — actually turned out to be a remarkably evenhanded look at Ozzy's monumental musical influence as well as his less exemplary life as an addict and often-absent father," Joseph Brannigan writes.

Read the entire review at this location
http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/04/25/god- … cumentary/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow, so Jack went for 'the man' Ozzy, not the character.

I'm even more interested now.

Board footer