You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Vote for GnR Hard Rock Band Bracket for the best rock band on ESPN

jamester wrote:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=10547
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/sto … 108779#top
htgth Vote for @gunsnroses http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/sto … 108234#top

jamester wrote:

'The Herd' with Colin Cowherd 22

Duff McKagan weighs in on The Herd's rock band bracket, what it would mean to him if Guns N' Roses wins and more.
listen here http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/ … id=6220339

herd_rockband_203.jpg
Herd Rock Band Bracket
Vote for the best rock band

'The Herd' on ESPN Radio

Rock Band Bracket
ESPNRadio.comWill all four No. 1 seeds advance?

Colin Cowherd and "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" staff need your help crowning the best rock band.

Only 16 bands remain. We'll announce the final eight on Friday. Vote below and sound off on the bracket in the comments or by e-mailing us at theherd@espnradio.com.

(round 1 & 2 are over check website to see "who made who" )
West: Seattle Region
    Round 3    
1. The Rolling Stones
Vs
5. Queen

3. AC/DC
Vs
2. Nirvana

Midwest: Cleveland Region

1. Led Zeppelin
Vs
4. Metallica

3. The Doors
Vs
2. The Eagles

East: New York Region

1. U2
Vs
4. Aerosmith

3. The Who
VS
2. Pink Floyd

Far East: London Region

1. The Beatles
Vs
5. Pearl Jam

3. Guns N' Roses
Vs
2. Van Halen

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

My pick                    Next                            Next                    Final
5. Queen                  5. Queen                     5. Queen             3. GnR
3. AC/DC

1. Led Zeppelin         1. Led Zeppelin
3. The Doors

4. Aerosmith             4. Aerosmith
2. Pink Floyd

1. The Beatles           3. Guns N' Roses          3. Guns N' Roses
3. Guns N' Roses

Tough choices.  Honestly round 2 minus  the clash, and sublime was about as far as I wanted to narrow it. Queen or Zep Alive and active would beat current GnR imho. Floyd united & active would also be a final choice for me.

I find CCR, ZZtop, Megadeth, Elton John, Michael Jackson, BTO, janis joplin, Elvis, Ozzy, Motley Crew, Allman Brothers,  and a few others missing from at least round one.

I also do not understand the Regions. But its a fun bracket imo. and all the better that duff commented on it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The problem with this kind of thing is you get into the historical importance element.

Like most people will vote for "The Beatles" and "Led Zeppelin" due to their amazing cultural importance, their innovation at the time both musically and in recording/peformance techniques and their rightful iconic status.

While I 100% beleive those things are deserved I think it also creates a situation where it's sort of politically correct to vote for them and concidered culturaly ignorant not to.

Which is a problem, because those bands were kickass, but I dunno it's hard to look at them on a level playing field because of the innovation.

It's like how in every movie poll everyone votes for "Battleship Potemkinan" and "Citizen Kane" both of which are important due to their innovations and artisitc merrit - but while they are some of the  most important things ever made, does that make them "the best".

So for me I'd enjoy Ac/Dc and GNR by far the most on this list...but I don't think most people would vote that way.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The voters had the eagles beating The Doors and The Grateful Dead beat Nine Inch Nails... Good Lord.

I swear outside a few songs, I can't stand The Grateful Dead. I'd have to be "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally fuckin high on drugs" to enjoy that shit.

karma for whoever can name that quote 22

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The problem with this kind of thing is you get into the historical importance element.

Like most people will vote for "The Beatles" and "Led Zeppelin" due to their amazing cultural importance, their innovation at the time both musically and in recording/peformance techniques and their rightful iconic status.

While I 100% beleive those things are deserved I think it also creates a situation where it's sort of politically correct to vote for them and concidered culturaly ignorant not to.

Which is a problem, because those bands were kickass, but I dunno it's hard to look at them on a level playing field because of the innovation.

It's like how in every movie poll everyone votes for "Battleship Potemkinan" and "Citizen Kane" both of which are important due to their innovations and artisitc merrit - but while they are some of the  most important things ever made, does that make them "the best".

So for me I'd enjoy Ac/Dc and GNR by far the most on this list...but I don't think most people would vote that way.

In the case of Zeppelin, I truly couldn't care less about their innovation. They pumped out a lot of great music that I thoroughly enjoy. They're my favorite band ever. GN'R is a close second.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
jamester wrote:

My pick                    Next                            Next                    Final
5. Queen                  5. Queen                     5. Queen             3. GnR
3. AC/DC

1. Led Zeppelin         1. Led Zeppelin
3. The Doors

4. Aerosmith             4. Aerosmith
2. Pink Floyd

1. The Beatles           3. Guns N' Roses          3. Guns N' Roses
3. Guns N' Roses

Tough choices.  Honestly round 2 minus  the clash, and sublime was about as far as I wanted to narrow it. Queen or Zep Alive and active would beat current GnR imho. Floyd united & active would also be a final choice for me.

I find CCR, ZZtop, Megadeth, Elton John, Michael Jackson, BTO, janis joplin, Elvis, Ozzy, Motley Crew, Allman Brothers,  and a few others missing from at least round one.

I also do not understand the Regions. But its a fun bracket imo. and all the better that duff commented on it.

I pretty much agree on what you said, except I would have Metallica advance to Round 4, rather than Zeppelin.

But with that said - NO WAY GN'R makes it past The Beatles. Not gonna happen, unless the GN'R internet geeks rig it.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

The voters had the eagles beating The Doors and The Grateful Dead beat Nine Inch Nails... Good Lord.

I swear outside a few songs, I can't stand The Grateful Dead. I'd have to be "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally fuckin high on drugs" to enjoy that shit.

karma for whoever can name that quote 22

mate, Ripple is like the best song ever.
(bill hicks, innit?)
NiN are a p great band, but trent doesn't fucking come close to garcia, or for that matter robert hunter.

my problem with trash like this poll is that people actually get paid to think this stuff up. this actually one of the most stupid polls i've seen in a few years. whoever's responsible should be ashamed. & whoever is paying these goons should sack them & give that money to people who need it, or people with brains.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

"rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally fuckin high on drugs"

Late Comedian Bill Hicks as sampled on TooL's Aenima Album 9

ll_tj1
 Rep: 8 

ll_tj1 wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/sto … tch=109048

GNR is way behind, need a big push

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Like I said, no way GN'R makes it past the fab four.

Board footer