You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Vote for GnR Hard Rock Band Bracket for the best rock band on ESPN

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

"rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally fuckin high on drugs"

Late Comedian Bill Hicks as sampled on TooL's Aenima Album 9

Third Eye

johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Like I said, no way GN'R makes it past the fab four.

This is type of stuff I refuse to do to "help out". Like if Axl is going to completely ignore the fans' begging for a US tour, why would I waste time promoting his band in a bracket that doesn't matter in the long run just because Del & Jarmo asked me to via fb or twitter?

perfectly reasonable response. did del/gnr really put this up on fb/twitter? if so, p ghey..
htgth morons usually do flood these type of polls.. it embarrassing for everyone really..

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Zeppelin vs. the Beatles will be interesting.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

1. The Beatles 64%
3. Guns N' Roses 36%

Did Del even ask for help? I thought the poll was promoted via Duff doing press for Loaded. HGTH always posts polls. To me they are a fun way to pass some time.
Are any of these polls ever more than entertainment?

Axl's actions or lack of should really have nothing to do with forum members being active in there chosen community. IMO

It is always fun for me to read opinions on what music ranks where and why.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Even Axl would vote for The Beatles.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Even Axl would vote for The Beatles.

Yep. 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I can see how the outcome might be interesting but like you said, nothing ever comes of them. And I very much believe that forum members shouldn't bother promoting a band that doesn't want to promote itself

It's not really promoting the band though.  It's voting for your favorite band, OR for the band you think is better/should win.  If you think the Beatles are a better band, and you won't get much of an argument there, then you can cast your vote for them.  I voted for GNR, since they are my favorite band, knowing full well that they can't hold a candle to The Beatles.  It looks like they will lose, but even if they had won, it wasn't going to make national news or anything.  So I don't see this as promoting the band.

I get what you're saying.  I tried to push Chinese Democracy on anyone and everyone when it came out and I felt that I did way more than the band themselves in that respect, so in that sense I get it.  But this is a completely different scenario to me.  It's a harmless online poll, where you can vote for your favorite band.  Simple as that.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Hmm...I guess this is a good place to post this? I didnt wanna dig up the "one fans illusion" thread big_smile

I feel where this guy is coming from. I have other musical interests (loves) But none above my interest in GnR. Except years (vma)-2008 CD release
I have only recently come to appreciate bucket/finck GnR 2.0?  Finck/BBF GnR 2.5? and BBF/Dj 3.0?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/9bm0en
Other than Guns N' Roses, is there any other band you are as enthusiastic about?”
GunsNRosesNews
axl-rose_reasonably_small.jpg
On Friday 18th March 2011, @GunsNRosesNews said:

Somebody once asked me; “Other than Guns N' Roses, is there any other band you are as enthusiastic about?”. I was taken aback by the rhetoric. Initially my thoughts were “Of course, I love … for example”. But that was the problem. I couldn't fill the ellipsis. It became apparent to me that no other artist past or present has the same meaning to me. I regard as Guns N' Roses as beyond any other creative concept.

With the world of composition out there I felt quite alone in my notion. Perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough? Over the next few months I consulted a number of discographies (ranging from Zeppelin to Rammstein), and neglected my love of Guns N' Roses. Whilst I appreciated those sounds, I couldn't put any of it on par with the level of enjoyment I draw from listening to GN'R.

I resorted to asking a Brazilian friend of mine (who also happens to be a fan of Guns N' Roses) the same question. I was pleased to find that he found himself in a similar dilemma. We muled at length in terms of why our musical tastes are almost exclusively concentrated on one band. Our conclusion was that our love of GN'R was inexplainable (a phenomenon of some sort).

Music is a subjective matter. Songs like “Welcome To The Jungle”, “Estranged” and “There Was A Time” are all I need. My love of Guns N' Roses is as legitimate in terms of the happiness extracted as your blend of Muse, the Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire (perhaps even moreso).

My musical requirements are fulfilled in the most superlative manner by Guns N' Roses (therefore anything else in comparison just comes across as utterly disappointing and uninteresting – and guess what? That's okay).

Board footer