You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy now $1.99

faldor wrote:

Just read over on HTGTH that someone stopped into Best Buy today and saw CD on sale for $1.99.  Well, sure enough, that's the list price on their website.

I guess they want to see if they can unload them at this ridiculously low price, or if they'll just have to throw them away.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chinese+Dem … &lp=1&cp=1

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Wow. 16:haha::haha::haha:

faldor

faldor wrote:

I didn't think we'd quite see the day it was SO cheap.  I didn't know they sold CD's for $1.99.  Why not just give them away to anyone who buys ANYTHING at the store.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

I didn't think we'd quite see the day it was SO cheap.  I didn't know they sold CD's for $1.99.  Why not just give them away to anyone who buys ANYTHING at the store.

No kidding. Best Buy already lost a shitload of money since they paid $10 per disc to begin with. Azoff really fucked 'em over on that deal. For some reason they fell for his bluff. Best Buy might as well use a disc giveaway as a PR stunt to make customers feel good about coming back to the store in the future.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah Best Buy definitely got the shaft in the deal.  The record company and band took the money and ran, getting themselves out of debt and did next to nothing to promote the album.  I don't think things could've gone any worse for Best Buy.  I remember hearing from a lot of Best Buy employees over on HTGTH leading up to CD's release and then once all the nothingness unfolded they weren't to be heard from again.

Makes you wonder if Axl's gag orders spread all the way to Best Buy. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This is too funny

I wish I had a BB near... i'd stop in and buy a few copies just for keep sakes.

$2 bucks?!?!?! Come on, Chinese Democracy would make for a great drink coaster, or even skeet shooting at that price.

PULL!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I guess we can expect that Best Buy reissue any day now...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I was in HMV yesterday and CD was £12.99. UYIs were £7, AFD was £5 and TSI was £3.
It changes all the time, I've seen CD in there for £3 before and TSI for £15.99. I usually get a duplicate copy of the cheapest one if my copy at home has started skipping.

Incidently they had a stack of Slash's new album beside the GNR albums, it kinda jumped out cause it wasnt in its alphabetical place, I had a chuckle to myself imagining Axl blowing a gasket if he had walked in and seen it there 16

I bought Monster Magnet greatest hits and Slipknots last album for £5 each 22

AtariLegend wrote:

Haven't there been falling sales at the US Best Buy for years, there's been loads reports including ones posted on this site tongue. About no one buying CDs from there for the past few years and sales there being in the few thousands.

Best Buy even still listed that as one of there top selling albums till last year, but of course Best Buy where just desperate to sell all the copies and promote the album and Axl bought off the New York Times ect.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As soon as new cars started having USB ports for iPod/MP3 players, that was the final shovel-full of dirt being thrown on the coffin that was the music industry.

In about 5 years or so, the current young adult generation will be near 30, and the teens will be in their young adulthood, and will dominate the market and once that fully takes over - EVERYTHING - will be iPod/MP3 player-centric.

Physical albums (whether CD's or LP's) will simply be Limited Editions sold on artist websites for outrageous mark ups.

I can't believe BB still has 50% of their floor - CD's. No one buys those things except us old timers.

Board footer