You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Chinese Democracy now $1.99

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah but Metallica is one of the most successful, if not the most successful METAL band of all time.

If they delieved a 3 minute cover of "Runaway", people would be pissed at them. Different dynamic than what Axl has to deal with.

There's a reason stuff like Yesterdays was chosen over Locomotive for being a single.

I've heard other songs on the radio recently that were over the six minute mark. And Locomotive could have never been a single. Not radio friendly at all. But November Rain was wink

And I think people would expect a GNR song to be long. Plus, if it was the lead single, the first single in 14 years, it would be forgiven for it's epic length, if it would have really been an issue for any station.

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree...hindsight is 20-20 but TWAT should have been the lead off track....put your biggest Gun first after all that time.

johndivney wrote:

IRS woulda been the best lead single if they were planning on promoting the record. its characteristics, flawed & aspiring, & lyrics represent & explain CD & Axl's CD-era side of the story most explicitly & it's a rocker w/a great Axl scream.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think Madagascar would have been a good first single, the lyrics and message of the song fit his return perfectly.

In a perfect world where I ran all things GNR, I'd have liked to have seen the songs released as double A sides over the course of just a few months:

1. Madgascar/Better

2. IRS/If The World

3. This I Love/There Was A Time

Boom there ya go... world domination 19

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

lucky me...just noticed that my CD has a scratch....but canada BB doesnt have the same deal as you USA folks 17

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

Sorry would've been the best first single.

it pretty much spells out the transition from old to current and what's a better way to reintroduce yourself to the world than with a little F U on top.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This right here is why CD is the fucking nightmare that it is.

Every fucking post in here has a different opinion on what should be first single, and I guarantee you every producer, label guy, and Axl himself had differing opinions on what should've been the first single.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Neemo wrote:

lucky me...just noticed that my CD has a scratch....but canada BB doesnt have the same deal as you USA folks 17

Does it play without skipping or other defect?  If there's nothing wrong with the disc I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I think TWAT would have been the best first single anyway.  It has that great guitar solo and has the best "old GNR feel" of the songs on CD.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nah it skips, thats how i noticed it was scratched 16

its right in the middle of TIL...

Board footer