You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Chinese Democracy now $1.99

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Breakdown kinda starts as cheese, and has cheese moments in it. But the moments if brilliance in it, far outweigh the moments it is bad.

I was always hoping Slash would bust out Bad Apples with his live band, but Slash seems to play it fairly safe with his choice of GN'R material too.

Breakdown has way too much cheese for me, so I'm on the otherside of that. But it definitely does have some brilliant moments.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't hear the cheese....just amazing songs!!!!

johndivney wrote:

Axl shouldn't have read out the Vanishing Point sample, should just sampled the film - or not at all. Primal Scream did Vanishing Point shit much better than GnR did. Breakdown is p excellent but flawed. we should do a fave GNRevo song vote/list thing

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Breakdown is my 2nd favorite GNR song after Rocket Queen.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Breakdown kinda starts as cheese, and has cheese moments in it. But the moments if brilliance in it, far outweigh the moments it is bad.

I was always hoping Slash would bust out Bad Apples with his live band, but Slash seems to play it fairly safe with his choice of GN'R material too.

Breakdown has way too much cheese for me, so I'm on the otherside of that. But it definitely does have some brilliant moments.

Try listening to it again, but at the end when Axl goes into the "there goes the challenger" shit.  Pan your speakers all the way over to one side to get just the guitar.  I think that'll help you see what everyone's saying.  Although you'll be pissed that Axl has been talking overtop of it all these years.

Lomax wrote:

I always thought the cheese parts of Breakdown were a deliberate joke.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Funny how this turned into a UYI thread.

misterID wrote:

That lame Axl outro almost kills it. It's a damn good song though.

We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
An everybody warms themselves
to a different fire

I love that.

Most underrated track on the UYI set is Dust N Bones.

I was always hoping Slash would bust out Bad Apples with his live band

He used to perform it with Snakepit. I assume you're referring to present day though.

Sky Dog wrote:

Breakdown is great.....period. Bad Apples.....no.....wannabe AFD.

Dust N' Bones...14 Years...Double Talkin Jive ....yep. Axl and Izzy...yep.:beer:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Breakdown without the voice over at the end would be right up there with the best on UYI to me.  The lyrics may be occasionally cheesy in some ways, but I can't tell you how many times I've quoted the lyrics over the years as a quick one-liner in a conversation.  Instrumentally it is  simply awesome. 

This song should have been the warning of what overproducing can do to a great song.  As much as I complain about CD being overdone, this song would have been awesome with just a little less.  I don't know why they felt the need to take the extra step...

Board footer