You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy now $1.99

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I use one of the lyrics "Just because you're winning don't mean you're the lucky ones" on a ton of signatures for pretty much everything outside of work.

I used to sign with

it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws
Brahman provided wings for the Dove
Thus spake the Super Guru

And everyone told me to please fucking stop. 16

It is interesting for a song that most GN'R fans don't immediately name from their favorites, how many GN'R fans quote certain lyrics from the song.

And ultimately I think that's what makes the great song live on.

I mean come on, since the breakup, how many people have quoted "funny how everything was roses, when we held on to the guns"

So much it became a cliche, even within the fan world.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm starting to really dig the vocals at the end of Breakdown, but agree the song would be stonger without them.

My fav GNR lyrics:

"I've come to know the cold
I think of it as home
When there aint enough of me to go around
I'd rather be left alone"

Love it!

Get In The Ring is very strong musically, but those cheesy lyrics really kill it, damn shame.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Those lyrics over the changed guitars at the end of 'My Michelle' blew my mind when I first listened to them, they contrast so hard against what has come before them. That for me was an indication that there was way more to W. Axl. Rose. than I initially thought.

The fascination continued tru the UYIs especially when songs got longer and Slash got bolder while Axl still delivered such great modern poetry.

I still hate the fact that Axl & Slash won't take it round the block one more time. If I had my way they would release a GNR version of Master of Puppets with a small amount of HUGE tunes with amazing tempo and mood changes, Axl's stunning delivery and Slash's weaved guitars etc  and leave it at that if needs be. Don't even tour it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sections of Breakdown's music (the band) and nearly all of the music to GITR are old guy, throw-back, cowboy cock rock. I always hated that about the Illusion records.

Lomax wrote:

@Intercourse My moment where I realized that Guns were in a League of their own was the outro to Coma. It still shocks me to listen to it, it's so perfectly woven and builds with such violent intent excellence.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Only thing I ever find cheesy is in KOHD the use of the sound effects like the phone dialing...other than that I'm cool with everything GNR....

Under-rated Moment: Since I don't have you...tjhe way Axl hits those notes about half way through...the motherfucker can sing anything and make it sound badass!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I realized that Guns were in a League of their own was the outro to Coma. It still shocks me to listen to it, it's so perfectly woven and builds with such violent intent excellence

Jesus Riad, how could I forget! Yeah, the way Axl ends that massive song climbing up along the huge mountain of guitars Slash builds for him.

Up and up he goes, getting more tense, more angry, more emotional then to finish on that ragged, exhausted, livid sounding vocal with the one word that Axl was probably contimplating alot at that time..the word 'SURVIVE'.

That still gives me the fucking chills. Amazing.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

One thing I love here, is that for all the bullshit squabbles we all have from time to time, we can all sit back sometimes and say "fuck, 'insert random UYI track' is a great song" just like we're doing now.

Oh, and I'm with you Monkey, I love everything the old band put out. GN'R was one of the first band's where I loved everything they released, especially on UYI. And I still do, even though some does sound a bit cheese in parts...:haha:

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I was always hoping Slash would bust out Bad Apples with his live band

He used to perform it with Snakepit. I assume you're referring to present day though.

Really? Has anyone got any boots of that?

Board footer