You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Foo Fighters

metallex78 wrote:

Saw the Back & Forth documentary tonight. Really great insight into the band and it's history. I had no idea how unstable they had become at several points over the years. Guess they always kept the personal problems out of the press whenever band lineup changes happened.

But it was great to see how tight a unit they all were after going through all of that. And regardless of how hugely popular they've become, they're all still down to earth and a bunch of goofballs. I wish original GN'R were like that.

Taylor had a good quote too, about when someone asked him "what's it like being a rock star?" to which he said something like "I'm not a fucking rock star, I'm a musician".

Also, it was interesting that Chris Shiflett, before he auditioned for Foos, he was suggested to audition for Guns N' Roses by someone else in the biz. That would have been interesting. He does have a bit of an Izzy vibe about him.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

saw the doc last night...great stuff!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I couldn't imagine Dave singing Teen Spirit

Me either. Can you imagine the crowd reaction if they played that live? Might literally blow the roof off the place.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As long as Miley fucking Cyrus ain't doin' it.... I can sleep at night. 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.undercover.fm/news/15361-dav … -foos-show

Dave Grohl Kicks Fighting Fan Out Of Foos Show
By Andrew Tijs
Wed, 13 Jul 2011

Audio has emerged of Dave Grohl going on an expletive-ridden rant at a fan causing trouble at a Foo Fighters show.

XFM reports that the band stopped their show to kick out a fan who was fighting in the crowd.

Foo Fighters played a two and three-quarter hour show at the iTunes Festival in the UK, which included Lemmy from Motorhead (who appearing in their ‘White Limo’ video) joining the band for a version of Probot’s ‘Shake Your Blood’.

The band stopped mid-song at one point when Grohl spotted a fan taking their name a little too literally.

According to XFM’s audio of the show, he said, "You don't fucking fight at my show, you asshole. Who’s that right there, let me see him, who's fighting right now? It's that fucking guy in the striped shirt right there. Look at you. Hey motherfucker, look at me, look at me. Get the fuck out of my show right now! Get the fuck out! Get the fuck outta my show right now."

''You don't come to my show and fight. You come to my show and fucking dance, you asshole. Get the fuck outta here. I don't put up with that bullshit. You people came here to have a good time and that guy can fuck off.''

The crowd then chants Dave's name while he concludes, “Whatever, that guy was an asshole. He’s outta here.”

Check out footage of the incident below:

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Dave Grohl rules. What a legend!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer