You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Steel Panther

jamester wrote:

Neemo
44.jpg
160 weeks ago

Neemo wrote:

PINK Sings GUNS N' ROSES With METAL SKOOL; Video Available - Mar. 6, 2008 

Powerhouse pop/rock singer Pink made a surprise appearance at the Key Club in West Hollywood, California this past Monday night (March 3), joining the '80s metal/hard rock tribute band STEEL PANTHER (a.k.a. METAL SKOOL) for a rendition of the GUNS N' ROSES classic "Sweet Child O' Mine". Watch video footage of the performance below.

METAL SKOOL's lineup includes guitarist "Satchel" (real name Russ Parrish; ex-FIGHT) and singer "Michael Star" (real name Ralph Saenz; ex-L.A. GUNS).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=92338

faldor
682.jpg
113 weeks ago

faldor wrote:

I heard this song yesterday for the first time.  Of course Steel Panther was formerly known as Metal Skool, that LA area 80's rock cover band whom many a celebrity has shared the stage with over the years.  This is an original song of theirs.  Interesting.

Although I still prefer Tuff's "American Hairband", even though they sampled Kid Rock's "American Badass" which sampled Metallica's "Sad But True". 

BLS-Pride
7.jpg
93 weeks ago

BLS-Pride wrote:

best ballad in the history of ballads.

"But my cock is community property"

Thought the song was classic. A little fun now and then might check out the album now. 16.....

.......Steel Panther Behind the Music.. hahaha]  Matt Sorum: "They fucked my mom"

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
VINCE NEIL Performs With STEEL PANTHER In Las Vegas (Video) - Apr. 4, 2011

Corey Taylor sings on the Steel Panther record

Avenged Sevenfold & Steel Panther Sweet Child of mine 4 20 9

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Corey Taylor singing Nothin' But A Good Time 14

jamester

jamester wrote:

STEEL PANTHER: Audio Sample Of New Single Available - Aug. 25, 2011

The outrageous and popular '80s-style "hair" band STEEL PANTHER will release its new album, "Balls Out", on October 18. The CD's first single will be "If You Really, Really Love Me", an audio sample of which can be heard in the YouTube clip below.
steelpanther2011.jpg
In a May 2011 interview with Guitar International, Satchel stated about the recording process for "Balls Out", "We've been recording since last August and we've been tracking five songs at a time so we focus intently on a few songs rather than all 15 at once. We're just finishing up the last five now and they all sound amazing. I would say that out of the 15 songs we've recorded, there are at least 10 or 12 No. 1 singles in there."

When asked what lessons STEEL PANTHER learned from its 2009 debut, "Feel The Steel", that he and his bandmates applied to this new album, Satchel said, "It's funny because we haven't learned any lessons from our first record. We don't even think of it as our sophomore album, we think of it as our second debut release. Many bands will try to make a different-sounding record for their second release, but we couldn't really get any better than our first record. Our first record was awesome, so we decided to go in and make the same record for our second album, just better. We didn't really grow as writers. We didn't grow as musicians. In fact, I think I got a little bit worse . . . But because of that it's much better. It's kind of like a fine wine. If you let it sit there and let it get moldy, that's what they do with wine, right? Then you let the mold fester in the bottom of the bottle, that's what our music is like on this record. We're like a moldy cheese that's been left out in the sun all summer. You wouldn't think that it would taste good at the end of the summer, but surprisingly, it does. That's us in a nutshell."

Featuring vocalist Michael Starr (real name Ralph Saenz; ex-L.A. GUNS), guitarist Satchel (real name Russ Parrish; ex-FIGHT), drummer Stix Zadinia, bassist Lexxi Foxxx, and Satchel, STEEL PANTHER (formerly known as METAL SKOOL) is a parody heavy metal band from Los Angeles, known for its profane and humorous lyrics. The group's over-the-top live performances have attracted celebrities and fans alike, and in February 2009 the band succeeded in becoming one of the most popular cover bands in California, winning the contest of "Best Tribute Band in the Universe."
[youtube]Dq0F3CKn_Jg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

"It's like a really really hot chick who has a nice set of balls"

jamester

jamester wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

"It's like a really really hot chick who has a nice set of balls"

"Balls Out" track listing:

01. In The Future
02. Supersonic Sex Machine
03. Just Like Tiger Woods
04. 17 Girls In A Row
05. If You Really, Really Love Me
06. It Won't Suck Itself
07. Tomorrow Night
08. Why Can't You Trust Me
09. That's What Girls Are For
10. Gold-Digging Whore
11. I Like Drugs
12. Critter
13. Let Me Cum In
14. Weenie Ride

jamester

jamester wrote:

STEEL PANTHER's 'Balls Out' Cracks U.S. Top 40 - Nov. 9, 2011
steelpantherballs.jpg
"Balls Out", the sophomore album from the legends of the Sunset Strip, STEEL PANTHER, sold nearly 12,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 40 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"Balls Out" was released on November 1 via Universal Republic Records. The follow-up to 2009's "Feel The Steel" contains 14 soon-to-be classics such as "Just Like Tiger Woods", "Gold Digging Whore" and "Weenie Ride". The album also features cameos by Dane Cook on the album opener "In The Future" and NICKELBACK frontman Chad Kroeger and EXTREME axeman Nuno Bettencourt show up on an instant classic "It Won't Suck Itself". "Balls Out" was produced by Grammy-nominated producer/mixer Jay Ruston who produced the band's "Feel The Steel" debut and is known for his work with ANTHRAX, MEAT LOAF, THE DONNAS and MORRISSEY, to name a few.

STEEL PANTHER is Michael Starr (vocals), Satchel (guitar), Lexxi Foxx (bass) and Stix Zadinia (drums).

The official lyric video for "17 Girls In A Row", the first U.S. single from "Balls Out", can be seen below. The song showcases the band's ability to write memorable hooks while mixing them with their signature style lyrics like "I banged 17 girls in a grocery store and never lost my erection." With its driving opening drum beat and infectious guitar riff, "17 Girls In A Row" will be sure to heat up rock airwaves and give it a much-needed kick in the balls — no pun intended.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

He cracked up at that MySpace comment. 16

I love these guys. They might be the last true "I don't give a fuck" band left. The whole thing is satire, but they just put it right out there, no matter how weird, embarrassing, or uncomfortable. They just go for it. You gotta respect that.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Seeing these guys live with Alter Bridge in just over a week, can't wait, it's gonna rock!

Board footer