You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: MyGNR closing for business

Smoking Guns wrote:

HTGTH back in the day was a blast, we used to have fun and cut up, well, that was all before Jarmo became "boys" with the band.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I still say GNRX was the best of the bunch. jarmo even used to post there.

I'm still blown away that a site would try to inflate their numbers.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

Yeah, but at HTGH you do not have all the bullshit new vs. old band arguments. People who like the new band can discuss them without any thread-derailing snide remarks from those who just like the old band. That's the flip side to the coin. Those old vs. new band arguments got old a LONG time ago and they don't go anywhere ever. Jarmo has eliminated that, and that isn't entirely a bad thing for a fan of the new band like me.

Ali

misterID

misterID wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yeah, but at HTGH you do not have all the bullshit new vs. old band arguments. People who like the new band can discuss them without any thread-derailing snide remarks from those who just like the old band. That's the flip side to the coin. Those old vs. new band arguments got old a LONG time ago and they don't go anywhere ever. Jarmo has eliminated that, and that isn't entirely a bad thing for a fan of the new band like me.

Ali

No, that isn't a bad thing. It's everything else revolving around jarmo and ADZ. He was cracking down on the old line up trolls long before he became a jerk. That's one of the reasons why it was so popular.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Well even before Jarmo got all cozy with GnR, he began to be too controlling in regards to how conversations flowed. Off topic banter (in the off topic section no less) was tightly moderated by him and often he would lock up topics or demand people get back on course. He also seemed to love arguing with his members, which I found odd. He'd argue all day with them, threads in the admin section dedicated to sparring matches. And nnce he became Axl's bootlick, forget it, the place changed immensely.

But yes for a few years, say from 01-05 it was a great forum and I was always on.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I still say GNRX was the best of the bunch. jarmo even used to post there.

I'm still blown away that a site would try to inflate their numbers.

What was GNRX?

I don't know why a site would inflate it's numbers either. For one they totally aren't believable and two it doesn't work.

Does anybody remember the "Lost Rose" blog? I used to visit there in 2000 (I think) before I bothered with the forums.

I don't know about anybody else, but at this point it is almost a habit. I've made it quite clear I'm not that excited by GNR these days, but still make visiting a couple of places a daily ritual. Although I don't have one I'd call "home" anymore. For years HTGTH was my home and I rarely, if ever, went to any other forum.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I remember Lost Rose. Man, way back when...

GNRX was really a cool forum. The admin took it off line when there was no activity with the band. He said he'd bring it back when CD was released but never did. Granted it was YEARS before CD was released. He was a big buckethead fan who became a new line up fan.

jarmo was really cool when the site shutdown and its one of the main reasons htgth got so big, while some members settled at MYGNR. But that's how CD.com/gunsnroses.us started. It was based from the posters of GNRX.

Now that I think about it, it was probably the first site dedicated exclusively to the new line up.

And jarmo only keeps certain people around he can beat up on. He banned me because he couldn't roll me in a debate. Didn't even have a negative karma, until he finally gave me one after a debate and never explaiend why he gave it to me. But he would literally look for my posts and argue with me over nothing... Entire threads turned into him vs me. I'm pretty certain he was trying to show off to beta and fernando.

Cramer, stick around here, bro. It's a pretty good home wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I always thought the Karma system over there was BEYOND GAY.

Every fucking member has a '0', mods have like '1', and Jarmo has '3' or however many.

Then as soon as you disagree with the Fuhrer, and destroy him in debates (which is so easy it's boring), you find yourself at '-4' in no time.

It might just be a karma system, but it always came across as passive aggressive on his part.

And as for those 'boring old vs. new' debates. I agree those suckers with UNINTELLIGENT posters, can't become a fucking flame war in no time. But I don't remember it ever being like that at HTGTH, except in Jarmo's mind.

Even in 2006, right around Hammerstein, you couldn't even compare how Ron plays Nightrain live to Slash, without being warned and told all mentions of Slash need to be in Dead Horse.

I heard he's lightened up on that now, but then it was fuckin' nazi, and a conscious move on his part to do GNR's bidding.

And new band nutswingers could be just a fucking crazy and aggressive as the old band guys too. I remember guys (Jim Bob :cough cough: ) that would sit there and argue for pages how Robin was better than Slash, resorting to name calling and all of the above and the posts would stay right there. As soon as someone started countering with some good Slash stuff, the posts were deleted or moved, and the users banned.

That's why people got burned out on that place. The whole fuckin' thing was fixed.

My only regret was when I was lurking in 2001/02, that I didn't just go ahead and post there during the "good old days", and I waited for 2006 when it got all European elitist in there.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Everything Jarmo does is passive aggresive. He can annoy a bar of chocolate if he wants too.

He used to do this "I already explained it to you, which part of it don't you understand??" deal which annoyed me silly.

It was EASY to destroy him in ANY debate, but since he sat on all the cards of how the game was played, you would loose even if you won them all.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer