You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: MyGNR closing for business

metallex78 wrote:

HTGTH is just stupid now. Jarmo even monitors things like discussing or speculating about new GN'R music.

He wrote something really stupid recently in response to someone who was speculating about it. The way he responded to it sounded just like someone reading rules in a book. I was reading his response thinking "are you fucking serious??? More than half the discussion on the boards about GN'R is speculation, because GN'R NEVER tells us shit"

Fuck man, I love heaps of bands, and there is no harm in discussing new music they might create. How does that end up as a negative discussion?

That's just fucking dumb.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Not to mention people have gotten banned at jarmos for PMs

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

The layout was terrible at MYGNR.com , it seemed like I was stuck in 1998 maybe 1999.

I was a member of chinesedemocracy.com. It seemed way too fancy for my liking and didn't have the HTGTH vibe.

With that said I was a part of HTGTH.com. Saw a lot of members from that site come over here as one by one we were deported for various offenses or no offenses at all, just tired of the bullshit.

This place is the best Guns N' Roses forum on the net, hands down. I don't mean to kiss ass either.

The problem for me though is I just creep this place once in a while. I lost interest in the band when Mr. Robin Finck left.

Anyhow that's my thoughts.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Late night speculation part I:

The more I think about it, the more I think Axl has a direct role in having My GNR shutdown. Especially with Eric ending his statement the way he did, wishing Axl the best etc. To me that is somebody who is doing their best to keep the peace.

Late night speculation part II:

Part of me also wonders if this is somehow tied to the MSL fiasco. Something that (if I remember) was never allowed to be discussed on HTGTH, yet FLOURISHED on MyGnR. Could this have been the catalyst for Axl to go apeshit on Eric finally? The tipping point where Rose decided once and for all that Eric's site was out of control (true or not) and a threat to his brand (true or not.)

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Oh and not to keep hijacking about Jarmo's ridiculousness, but I just remembered this and had to post it. A few years ago, a guy I know over there was banned (for a week or so) for something he did on ANOTHER FORUM. I shit you not. Is it a wonder his board is so dead now?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Well, that forum was pretty shitty imo. it was good for a few laughs here and there but there is a HUGE difference in freedom of speech and just flat out letting trolls run amok.

Ive had tons of public disagreements with Jarmo etc but then i sit back and think to myself.........

going on tour with band, hanging with band, having the time of ur fucking life OR impressing a bunch of internet dudes ill never meet or know personally and keeping my net rep fully protected..

I'd love to sit here and say, FUCK GNR, I'm gonna do shit my way but C'mon, hang with Axl,GNR and party with groupies,stay in 5star hotels,travel the world, or impress u guys....

Im sorry but Im taking door number 1 all day,everyday.

I still hang around for a few reasons:

1. VR section and the sports section.

2. I just feel if i leave, they ran me off and they win.

3.I met my fiancee on that site, so i guess part of me still has a sense of nostalgia etc for that place since that site was a HUGE part in the path my life has taken, which was WAY better than it would've been had i not started posting there.

So I am sort of a figurehead there, ill still set someone straight when it comes to Slash etc, try to be the voice of reason, but i don't care enough anymore to really get into those knock out fights.

how i haven't been banned is a complete mystery to be honest.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Like I said as well, anyone would be extremely stupid for not choosing door number one.

But that doesn't mean Jarmo and his antics have not been one of the worst things that has happened to the GNR forum community.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
DCK wrote:

Like I said as well, anyone would be extremely stupid for not choosing door number one.

But that doesn't mean Jarmo and his antics have not been one of the worst things that has happened to the GNR forum community.

I agree 100 percent BUT without those antics, maybe no door number 1 to choose.

U think Axl gives a shit about whats fair,freedom of speech etc?
U think he honestly wouldn't give Jarmo the boot in a second if things weren't ran that way?

im personally sometimes surprised we still got a VR section on there even though its no a sub board.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Obviously, if he didn't do his crap, door number one wouldn't exist.

I do think these forum deals is more to do with Fernando, Beta and management than Axl. More with Fernando than anything else. He's the internet generation guy, not Axl.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

So the King doesn't know about anything? It'd be kinda strange, since Axl seems to obsessed with the forum comments, I doubt that when he's monitoring that site, the name 'Goebbels' wouldn't come into his mind, if freedom of speech means anything to him. Except something to kill.

Board footer