You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: MyGNR closing for business

misterID wrote:

He had a bunch of people offering to not only pay the monthly costs of the site but outright buy it from him. And basically, in his original post, it was all about the band not touring, or giving him any attention, kind of like he was burnt out and butt hurt and didn't want to do it anymore. He had plenty of opportunity to drop the site and hand it over to a respected member there. And the members and mods were very supportive of handing the site over to UKsubs... Not to mention he dragged this "sale" to UKsubs on a few days and could have walked away at any time before this. If I remember right, he was ignoring initial requests from members to buy the forum from him.

Now, all of a sudden, some lone poster comes in offers to flip the bill every month and keep him on as admin. And he takes the deal... Just strikes me as funny. To me this whole thing, starting from his original post, and the fact he didn't immediately cut chord to myGNR, it was all a message to one person that he wanted a response from.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
ppp wrote:

If Axl was willing to support a site with money, he'd have done this for HTGTH a long time ago. Or he'd have his own board on his own site. I really don't think he has as much interest in controlling a board as people think.

How do we know that he is not already footing the bill for HTGTH, he may have been doing that for a long time for all we know?  I mean does Jarmo even have a job, if he does it must be pretty flexible since he seems to have the time to do the majority of the moderating over there plus take weeks off at a time to go on some of the GNR tours?

Maybe they just decided to take the next step and put their finger in the pie of the biggest GNR forum (by member numbers).

Or maybe they just responded to Eric and said they would be nicer to him going forward and communicate more etc.  So he does his backflip and says some donor saved the day yet in reality Eric is just going to continue meeting the costs himself?

Either scenario is plausible.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
ppp wrote:

I personally don't believe the whole "Donor" storyline.

I think what happened was that Eric got pissed off and decided to shut the forum on impulse. Then he needed an excuse when he realized what he had done. It's like a 13-year-old girl who gets mad at her friends and threatens to delete her Facebook. Except that Eric is a grown ass man of course.

I bet we never here of this "Donor" again, except for Eric telling us he/she is now footing the bills (which no one can prove of course).

Maybe I've been playing WWE All Stars too much today, but I love the use of the term "Storyline"

That's what this whole deal has turned into, sort of wrestling/soap opera type stuff.

For Eric, with all the love, support and true admiration in my heart.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Knowing Axl as long as we have, do you honestly think he'd respond to Eric's rant about him like "Oh I'm so sorry, Eric. You were right. Here's some money. Just please don't close that site and please keep being the mod. We'll be nice to you in the future. You sure told me."

I think if Axl had a choice between buying MYGNR and letting it shut down, he'd pick letting it shut down any day. Then he's done with those people forever. If he wants a board, he can start one on his offical site. Run it the way he wants to. He's not going to pay money for a site full of people that diss him daily, that's run by a guy that just told him off publicly.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The site wasn't going to shut down though, it was being sold to someone else who made a list of sweeping changes he was going to make to the board which included bringing back previously banned members. And Eric dangled this out there to be sure people knew about it.

And who's to say Beta or Fernando didn't just say, "screw it" and decided to just keep it open as is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He wasn't thinking that at all. That was Eric's little cry baby 8-year old way of going "daddy... daddy... daddy... daddy... daddy... daddy... daddy... daddy..."

Until Axl turned around and acknowledged him.

Total passive aggressive bullshit on Romano's behalf.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Aussie wrote:
ppp wrote:

If Axl was willing to support a site with money, he'd have done this for HTGTH a long time ago. Or he'd have his own board on his own site. I really don't think he has as much interest in controlling a board as people think.

How do we know that he is not already footing the bill for HTGTH, he may have been doing that for a long time for all we know?  I mean does Jarmo even have a job, if he does it must be pretty flexible since he seems to have the time to do the majority of the moderating over there plus take weeks off at a time to go on some of the GNR tours?

Maybe they just decided to take the next step and put their finger in the pie of the biggest GNR forum (by member numbers).

Or maybe they just responded to Eric and said they would be nicer to him going forward and communicate more etc.  So he does his backflip and says some donor saved the day yet in reality Eric is just going to continue meeting the costs himself?

Either scenario is plausible.

Its a known fact Axl is helping Jarmo pay for HTGTH.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

59012504.gif

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

CHINESEDEMOCRACY.COM IS BEING SHUT DOWN

Dear members,

It has been a fun 10 years. but my anus hurts as I live in Athens Greece since 2006, I am dead broke and have dept. but since Axl sucks I will not change my fucking mind about closing this site. The $$ is too fucking unbearable and since I have no creative skill and practice the ethics of a leech I am shuting down.

Sure we don't have the google ad placement as others do. but somehow within an IT infrastructure that is based on the needs of a server I was able to go from a dedicated server $160 a month to a semi-dedicated managed server for $80 to host not only this forum but the GNR tracker that has about 5000 active members. This server also hosts many other projects and websites for people. For a long while I even had gnrontour.com on it and that site had lots of traffic. Sure I paid out of my pocket a lot and I do the coding myself now for the sites (he don't) and with the help from the Tracker Community as we give them a great service.... donations do help and from few friends at cd dot com related.

but I am a filthy stinkin' un-loyal piece of French Canadian sloth poop bowl that was always in it for the gold.

Therefore... I will be closing C D and if this really doesn't scare you.. then .. then I'm closing the tracker too. I mean it.

I really mean it.... don't offer me 10k for the forum.... and don't offer me to pay the hosting. at least not for less than $200 a month. maybe some amazon gifts?

Thank you and Blame Axl,

BP

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/i … 6.105.html

Seems there is some love between the forums mad

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

GNR forums online has become a full blown joke. Eric, Madison and Jarmo. Jesus fucking christ....I'm embaressed. Sometimes I'm more embaressed over this bullshit than Axl's antics.

Board footer