You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ppp

Re: MyGNR closing for business

ppp wrote:

Wow. These people need to turn off the computer and go outside for a while.

So who "bought" the forum anyhow? They never said. Or did they? Way too long to read all that. My guess is no one.

ppp

ppp wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Sounds like forum wars have got pretty dirty in the past.  This is the first time I have ever heard of the Lori Lepper saga.  Anyone else hear of this before.  The poor girl was eventually murdered:

If I remember correctly, she was a big GNR fan whom Duff hired to run his website. There was some kind of conflict between her and Eric/Madison. People said Eric copied her site html code and Madison told her off at NEWGNR. But she was like one of many, many people they upset over the years.

Anyhow, she was robbed and murdered in 2002 and they never found the killer. Police said it was someone she knew, as she let them into her house. Duff went on TV asking for people to come forward with information.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Sounds like forum wars have got pretty dirty in the past.  This is the first time I have ever heard of the Lori Lepper saga.  Anyone else hear of this before.  The poor girl was eventually murdered:

I spoke to her couple of time during chat with her friend...  I couldnt believe what I heard later on...  Cant think of any reason someone would wanna murder her, other than some sick fanboys jealousy (she was tight with Duff).

Sky Dog wrote:

quite frankly, the forum territorial shit is disturbing. If I was Axl, I would stay away as far as I could. Dylan doesn't do that shit.....Jagger? No. It is the lunatic fringe.

We hava a nice, tight little community...differing opinions, but in the end, mostly respectful of each other. The bigger the forum, the more crap that is spewed. It's the Law of Averages. hmm

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

^^ and I hope it stays that way here.

So, Subs is thinking Eric decided to pull back the sale because of all the money that was being offered to keep the forum alive? Hmmm. I still think Axl is the "doner" keeping the site alive.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Seems as if Eric is even a bigger dick than Jarmo...whoduthunkit?

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I think we are beating a dead horse here.

Fuck those forums seriously, they are run by cunts.

We're on the best GN'R forum on the net, so who cares what the neighbours are doing, we are doing just fine here.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

A clusterfuck of GNR proportions 16

So what is everyone implying about this girl found dead, that Eric murdered her for her forum?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Most GNR forums were initially started by kids with no real experience in dealing with anything. So when things get serious, by their own or others fault, they just don't know how to fucking deal. This is what you get, that's why you get a Jarmo too.

It's all quite served...the right people can just jump in and screw their naive asses. That's why I like it here, I know these people wouldn't take any of that shit.

But I guess this has some kind of symmetry in itself...a good example that we're just as a big clusterfuck as the band we're following.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

quite frankly, the forum territorial shit is disturbing. If I was Axl, I would stay away as far as I could. Dylan doesn't do that shit.....Jagger? No. It is the lunatic fringe.

We hava a nice, tight little community...differing opinions, but in the end, mostly respectful of each other. The bigger the forum, the more crap that is spewed. It's the Law of Averages. hmm

Axl is the reason mygnr and jarmo are run the way they are. Axl/Beta is behind it.  You havent seen Axl or Beta on the forums berating posters before?

Board footer