You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: MyGNR closing for business

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mr. Soulmonster
 Rep: 0 

that's what i thought...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

His message is still a play to get more money out of his "anonymous user" which has to be Axl.

This was a more butthurt explanation than the first time.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

It wasn't exactly a place of great discussion but it was handy for news. It's not like you're gonna find the Canter interview on HTGTH.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'd like to see members come on over, the leadership staff here can weed out the nutjobs and maybe we'll get some good users out of it?

In a related story; I meant to say Welcome To The Forum struck!

also, the only think that makes me mad about mygnr is that I paid to help keep it going.

Leadership staff???

Last I checked... it's just you. Or are you a one-man band like Axl. 16

As for MyGNR, i've been rooting for that place to die for years. Total fuckin' dump, has been for nearly a decade.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

I tried posting over there...... didn't much cause the above mentioned.. plus the dumbest threads would get 60 pages and i wasn't reading through all that shit.

Someone stole a version of my username also... so hopefully people don't think Im that douche.

That wasn't you?

Ali

No, he's a totally different douche. 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

I tried posting over there...... didn't much cause the above mentioned.. plus the dumbest threads would get 60 pages and i wasn't reading through all that shit.

Someone stole a version of my username also... so hopefully people don't think Im that douche.

That wasn't you?

Ali

No, he's a totally different douche. 16

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 13:butt::lol:

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Last time when this went down, I talked to Subs and was rather shocked at how short they were every month. Personally I would never even consider taking on a site with a limited audience that hemorrhaged money like that (Ironically stupid Madison was under the impression that Eric was profiting off the site with nothing going to her.) Subs was a nice guy though and seemed to have a plan to tweak the board which would eventually increase revenue to close the gap. I appreciated his plan, but felt it was naive, and a great way to flush money down the toilet until he realized it would not work.

It seemed like Eric pulled the rug out from under Subs and ran with the "anonymous donor" instead. Now it seems that has come back to spank him on the butt.

I'd imagine without another infusion of cash that Eric will eventually let it go.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting stuff Cramer, but this whole thing was alot like the Monday Night Wars years ago with wrestling, except this time it was GN'R forum geeks. When interest was higher and more mystery, these boards, basically "the big uns" could compete against each other. At one time MyGNR was bigger than HTGTH.

Bottom line was in some ways it got too big, and in others not big enough or consistent enough. It didn't help having nazi whores on the admin staff that tried to literally direct opinions all the way to banning people who didn't like the color blue, because that was her favorite.

Either way, the war was long over, HTGTH won. It was just borrowed time. They could just turn it into a spam/ad pit and try to make some coin that way just based on the name, but Eric already did that and the cow has been milked.

Board footer