You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: MyGNR closing for business

Olorin wrote:

NewGNR is a toilet and so is CD.com, HTGTH is a ghost town and GNFnRs.com is a poor mans MyGNR.

This site should be considered up there with the big boys, I dont see any of those other sites being referenced by the music media, GNREvolution is referenced as a source by quite a few major music sites reguarly. Even HTGTH doesnt get that kind of respect from the media, in fact the only HTGTH reference I've read in the music media is when Classic Rock Magazine called the site "Axl's lap dog."

ppp

ppp wrote:

HTGTH really has the potential to be a decent board if Jarmo would just ease up a little bit on what is allowed and not be such an ass to people.

They've got a great group of smart posters there and almost zero trolls. And while there are some ass kissers of various kinds, most people there can look at things objectively. If Jarmo would allow an Old Guns section and be more allowing in terms of topics posted about New Guns, I think he's be shocked by how many people would enjoy posting there again.

Because a big turn off with these other boards has been the trolling and the fighting.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
ppp wrote:

HTGTH really has the potential to be a decent board if Jarmo would just ease up a little bit on what is allowed and not be such an ass to people.

Meaning quitting his close ties to Fernando and Beta.

Yeah..that will happen.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Lol at HTGTH having "potential" 14

HTGTH used to be the best site without a shadow of a doubt, it had a wealth of information, high quality mature discussions and a nice friendly atmosphere. It all turned on its head when he chose to be a lap dog and him and his admins were all overcome with a sudden dose of arrogance and set about agressively instilling a divide between old and new GNR.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Lol at HTGTH having "potential" 14

HTGTH used to be the best site without a shadow of a doubt, it had a wealth of information, high quality mature discussions and a nice friendly atmosphere. It all turned on its head when he chose to be a lap dog and him and his admins were all overcome with a sudden dose of arrogance and set about agressively instilling a divide between old and new GNR.

Yep. HTGTH truly did go to hell. It became a propaganda tool for the band, no different than the kind of stuff the Nazis employed back in the day. That might sound like a harsh comparison, but it's the truth.

As far as MYGNR is concerned, good riddance. GN'R Evo might have a smaller group of posters, but it is the only GOOD site on the Internet for discussing GN'R. Unfortunately the band's behavior over the years has encouraged a huge troll element in the fanbase.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

I can't agree with that last statement. At a certain point people need to be held accountable for their decisions to engage in troll behavior. It is a choice in the end.

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

agree....to blame the band/Axl for some idiot on the internet is going too far. An ass is an ass and one wrong doesn't make another wrong right.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'd have to say newgnr is the big site now.

14 Pass the crack pipe my way.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

agree....to blame the band/Axl for some idiot on the internet is going to far. An ass is an ass and one wrong doesn't make another wrong right.

Uh, I wasn't saying the trolls are right. I'm saying the band's behavior has caused people to become unhinged over the years. As Axlin08 pointed out, other bands don't have the ridiculous behavior on the Internet from their fans. There is a direct correlation between having a crazy band and a crazy fanbase. Neither are "right," both are wrong. But they exist and feed off of each other.

Sky Dog wrote:

listening to the outro of Patience right now...wow, feeling all warm inside (partly because I won my tennis match and have drank 10 beers) ...literally. What a vocal, great acoustic guitars. Yep, I do miss Gnr.

Board footer