You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Buckethead tour dates

Furbush wrote:

Gots me some tickets for Portland, ME... who's comin' with me, man?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Welcome to Bucketheadland
Jordan
Meta Matic

They were played in San Diego.

What was the full set for this show?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Not sure. I just saw those vids on YouTube.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Isn't your show soon, James?

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Isn't your show soon, James?

Six days. 9

bucket

James

James wrote:

T minus 33 hours and counting...... bucket 13

Not sure if she would want me to say this on here, but Anna will not be attending this show due to personal issues. Not gonna go into detail to respect her privacy, but you and your family will be in our prayers.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That's sad, Best wishes to Anna.

Hope you have a blast at bucket james!

James

James wrote:

Show was mind blowing. I was literally 3 to 5 feet away from him. The fucked up thing is they changed their camera policy in the venue. When we first entered, they said you could take pics but turn the flash off. Then, they said no pics at all. Since I was so close to Bucket and the security guard standing near him, I wasn't gonna risk getting my camera confiscated. I saw some flashes going off in the back so pics/vid will eventually hit youtube.

I have one complaint about Bucket live. I don't like how he plays a few minutes(or less) of one song then immediately goes into another. It's confusing and I cant imagine how casual fans feel about it. He played about 90 seconds or so of Crash Victim(which was fucking killer) then goes right into another song.

edit: Someone uploaded a few vids....

He closed the show with Soothsayer which surprised me. No encore. When he danced(twice), it didn't last long. Would not be surprised if he was sick or something.

[youtube]alnH2vOPtgU&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]cGhIUJtxMLU&feature=related[/youtube]

Crowd went nuts when he started playing Jordan. Translation: The crowd consisted of casual fans. 16

Show was between 90 minutes to 2 hours. Not really sure. Didn't time it and I was really stoned. Highlights were Crash Victim(PLEASE start playing this whole song for the love of God), Pure Imagination, and Soothsayer. I was surprised by the lack of mellow material. I gotta start diving much deeper into his discog. Couple songs I really liked and I didn't even recognize them.

I was so close that he was obviously looking at me. I wore a GNR Hammerstein shirt that DTJ bought for me when she went to those shows and I'm not sure if that was a smart move. 14 When he handed out toys, the woman next to me got one but I didn't. 16

It was a great experience and next time he comes to Northern Cali/Bay Area, I'll definitely be going. I hope he plays a different venue next time. I also want him to tour with a band.

Last but not least, my ears are shot. I've had tinnitus in my left ear for years and now my right ear is ringing a bit. Could barely hear anything when I walked out of the club. I hope it's temporary.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Great review. Glad you had some fun. Some of it seemed like a mixed bag.

Still cool tho

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I have one complaint about Bucket live. I don't like how he plays a few minutes(or less) of one song then immediately goes into another. It's confusing and I cant imagine how casual fans feel about it.

That would warp people like me who only know some of the songs. Would have been awesome to get so close to bucket though!

James Lofton wrote:

He closed the show with Soothsayer which surprised me.

Man soothsayer live would be worth the price of admission alone for me 9

Because he impros and shortens a lot of it too, I've notced he doesn't always do all the crazy parts but at  7.34 on that video he does that insane sweep/tap thing that melts my mind that he does for like 2 seconds near the end of the studio track. So not only did he play it but seems you got a pretty killer version!:rock:

James Lofton wrote:

I wore a GNR Hammerstein shirt that DTJ bought for me when she

what? No slash shirt? 14

James Lofton wrote:

Last but not least, my ears are shot. I've had tinnitus in my left ear for years and now my right ear is ringing a bit. Could barely hear anything when I walked out of the club. I hope it's temporary.

Any progress? I've taken to wearing plugs at gigs now which on one level kinda sucks but it's just got to a point where I have no choice these days - my ears just can't hack it anymore.

Board footer