You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: dj talks about touring

WARose wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=157358

When asked if fans can ever expect any touring from GUNS N' ROSES, Ashba said, "We just booked Rock In Rio [in Brazil] for October 2, but there's talk.... We're gonna be going out way sooner. And hopefully we're gonna be [doing some dates] here in the States this year. I'm hoping. That's the plan."

looks like they`re in the planning stages again..

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Cool...hope it happens for the usa fans...:)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

With Guns, expect a 2-3 month window for pre-sales. Hence, no dates in the foreseeable future before July at the moment. What can be read in no uncertain terms from Ashba's comment, is that pre-RIR dates are to be expected. US or not, who knows.

The last Euro tour aside, I'd expect Guns to do something like this in the US; http://spacelabmagazine.typepad.com/hap … tival.html

The Azoff conundrum may indeed be a problem, as Axl had his bouts with ClearChannel following the 02 tour, and while their promotion aspect was since separated into Live Nation, that company is now in the hands of good old Irving. Event appearances like Sturgis are a short-term solution to route around the problem.

As for the new songs, Axl likes to get bits and pieces recorded by individual members, listen them up and pass initial judgment based on that. This has been the process since 1990 at least.

My guesstimate is some dates to be announced by June/July, with the album in the cards for 2012 (at the very earliest). This situation is so close to the cancelled RIR-Lisboa appearance in 2004 it's not even funny (and by that I mean the date being booked well beforehand & a Euro tour planned around it. Hopefully no-one quits this time around, or we get two more years of naught).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I still don't think Guns tour the states until Axl backs off of Azoff and gives him the money he thinks he's owed.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

From FunkyMonkey / HTGTH

FRONT LINE MANAGEMENT INC VS WILLIAM BILL BAILEY ET AL

Future Hearings
06/14/2011 at 09:30 am in department 16 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (2) FINAL STATUS CONFERENCE)

They could get a trial/settlement in or around July. We'll see.

Board footer