You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Getinthering44
 Rep: 0 

Re: Street of dreams

Stephen Adler is my fav guns drummer of all time do you think sod is about stephens downward sprial listen to the words of the tune closley sounds like axl is singing right to him

Thoughts?

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

i can see how you could think that but honestly who knows. more to the point who cares. when i hear the song i think of it as the blues if not for any reason than it was called that for 7 years. street of dreams to me is a whimpy song by rainbow. street of dreams by gn'r is the blues and like most the cd shit weve heard sounded better with the original new-gnr. whatever.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i know its cliche but its gotta be about Stephanie

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That or Slash.

Steven's departure had really little to no effect on Axl imho.

The ones he took hard were Erin, Izzy, Stephanie & Slash - and in that order.

Erin was covered on UYI, Axl was never bitter about Izzy (despite Izzy being bitter about Axl), so that boils it down to two others.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

the only reason i pick steph over slash is that the song has more of a feel of intimacy ... i jsut dont picture axl being the type to talk about another dude as being "beautiful" i could totally be wrong though

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree, but who knows with Axl.

I've personally always thought SOD and TIL was about Steph, Sorry was about Slash, SR was about fake friends that surrounded them in their heyday, I.R.S. was about the media, and Maddy was about reunionists. The rest was just expression.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Getinthering44
 Rep: 0 

think when he says beautiful he means his bubbly personality

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

could also mean several things about a female companion that has betrayed him...or deceived him

Board footer