You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Street of dreams

misterID wrote:

Didn't Axl basically say that a given song isn't about one paticular person, but about a bunch of people?

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

i think this was written about a baby that never saw the light of day...abortion

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl was never bitter about Izzy

You need to read that 1992/93 RS interview with Axl on the cover. The interview practically revolves around his issues towards Izzy.

This song is DEFINITELY about a woman. Never understood how some people think those lyrics could be directed at a man.

All the love in the world
Couldn't save you
All the innocence inside
You know I tried so hard to make you
Oh, to make you change your mind

And it hurts too much to see you
And how you left yourself behind
You know I wouldn't wanna be you
Now there's a hell I can't describe

So now I wonder through my days
And try to find my ways
To the feelings that I felt
I saved for you and no one else
And though as long as this road seems
I know it's called the street of dreams
But thats not stardust on my feet
It leaves a taste that's bittersweet
That's called the blues

I don't know just what I should do
Everywhere I go I see you
Though it's what you planned
This much is true
What I thought was beautiful
Don't live inside of you
Anymore

I don't know just what I should do
Everywhere I go I see you
Though it's what we planned
This much is true
Don't live inside of you
Anymore

What this means to me
Is more than I know you believe
What I thought of you now has cost more than it should for me
What I thought was true before
Were lies I couldn't see
Is only memories

Oh oh oh
What'd I tell ya
Oh oh oh
That's what I'd tell ya
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh
Inside of you

definitely about a chick....sorry Russ, don't buy the Slash theory at all.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
JIP wrote:

i think this was written about a baby that never saw the light of day...abortion

or a baby that never existed in the first place ... as in the woman lied to the man

Sky Dog wrote:
JIP wrote:

I want whatever your on....:haha:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You need to read that 1992/93 RS interview with Axl on the cover. The interview practically revolves around his issues towards Izzy

And then turned around and practically begged him to fill in for Gilby for a part of the European leg in '93, with promises of a bigger cut of the royalities from the UYI albums.

Turn around and tried to bring him back after Gilby was fired. Tried again sometime in the late 90's, tried again in 2001, and toyed with it in 2006.

For a guy he hates, he sure loves him alot.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I imagine the song is about a few things.

But to me I think it speaks about an ex-girlfriend. Or at least I relate to the lyrics from that angle very strongly.

the "what i thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore" describes that impossible situation where you are in love with an ex-girlfriend and want her back yet know that her very act of leaving you or fucking you around or whatever happened means she isn't really the wonderful person you think she was.

"what i thought was beautiful was lies I couldn't see" - perhaps meaning looking back maybe she never loved you or what you thought the relationship was it wasn't.

"what I thought was beautiful is only memories" - that knowledge that you can't go back to where you were. That even if you meet her again, she isn't what you thought, you're hurt from what happened, and you could never really go back to where you were, especially if it wasnt all that real initially. It's that sadness you feel knowing that you can't even go forth and conquor the situation as it doesn't exist to win - it's only a moment lost in time now.

"has cost more than it should for me" - how the love has become a source of conflict, pain and depression when it's suposed to be a beautiful thing to fall in love.

Anyway, that's just my own 2c on the song, and maybe I'm just revealing how fucked in the head I am, but yeah, to me I see the song as more likely directed towards some of the women in Axl's life than slash/steven etc.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You need to read that 1992/93 RS interview with Axl on the cover. The interview practically revolves around his issues towards Izzy

And then turned around and practically begged him to fill in for Gilby for a part of the European leg in '93, with promises of a bigger cut of the royalities from the UYI albums.

Turn around and tried to bring him back after Gilby was fired. Tried again sometime in the late 90's, tried again in 2001, and toyed with it in 2006.

For a guy he hates, he sure loves him alot.

He was very bitter and hurt when Izzy left....as for the UYI royalties, Ax could never touch Izzy's money...check out the ascap credits...all royalties still went in a split between Ax, Izzy, Slash, and Duff. He was a leaving member under the 1992 contract but he kept all his royalties.

" Slash and Duff, like Stradlin and Adler before them, retained a royalty interest in masters created under the Recording Agreement prior to their departure from the band."

Ax was trying to cut Izzy out of touring money because he claimed he wasn't putting in enough effort on stage. hmm

Details bitch. 19

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"Slash is a cancer"

"I love the guy"

Axl doesn't know what he thinks. 19

Board footer