You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: ASHBA Says 'Genius' AXL ROSE Has Three Albums' Worth Of Music Recorded

Axlin16 wrote:

DJ talks Guns vault stuff to plug his website. So yeah, I think he's full of shit on what he's seen and heard and done.

Period and done.

"I don't know why he would lie about it"

He's a fucking car sales man, who happens to play guitar in Guns. That's why.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He's a fucking car sales man, who happens to play guitar in Guns. That's why.

This....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

WTF...

I love you guys but that's bullshit....the guy was already giving an interview about his guitar skills and the focus of the interview was on his new release with Sixx:AM.

Sure he was pimping that out - but don't we routenly get mad with Axl for not pushing records?

Look at the questions he was asked:

"Is it a totally different experience working with GNR as opposed to working with Sixx: A.M.?"

What was he suposed to answer? "No Comment". You know you would have called him an asshole if he said that.

Then when he talks about Axl's songs it's in responce to the statement from the interviewer:

"Nobody could have survived all of these years without a lot of talent"

So he provides an anecdote about how he agrees axl has a lot of talent and example of why he thinks it.

I think it's entirely unreasobable to say he's making anything up or that he in any way did the wrong thing in this interview, it's a fucking interview about how he plays guitar, who for, and the processes he uses to get different styles etc.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Exactly, it's a case of, you just can't please some people.

Ron gets blasted for his "no comment" status.  Axl gets blasted for saying nothing.  DJ gets blasted for saying positive things.

What do you want to hear?  What's the proper thing to say about GNR these days?  Because apparently YOU have it figured out, and nobody in the band does.  Except maybe for Tommy, everyone seems to like what he has said.  Then again, he just said they plan to play some dates in South America in October and then possibly the US in November.  Why isn't anyone screaming about that when it's obviously a lie?

Right, don't all these guys lie?  Just trying to understand the logic here.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The truth would be nice...and a lot of it is based on who is saying what they're saying.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think the truth is Axl has music...I think like 3 or 4  different people have confrimed they've heard songs that didn't get released....the truth might also be that he will never share it though...who knows.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The truth would be nice...and a lot of it is based on who is saying what they're saying.

The truth is, the truth hurts.
Don't you agree?

Sorry - couldn't resist.

We are never going to get a day to day rundown of GNR business dealings and activities.  That's just not how this band operates.  Never has been.  Never will be.  I'm guessing your "truth" comment deals with being told things over the years that never came to fruition.  Lord knows we've heard plenty of them.  It happened with the old lineup too though.  It happens with Slash, VR, etc.  It just happens.  Sometimes these grand plans just don't get carried out like they're supposed to, if at all.  How many times over the years have we been told VR is close to getting a singer?  Were those out and out lies?  I wouldn't say that.  I think their intention was to find a singer, and they wanted to keep all their fans interest up, so they'd keep reminding us.  Even though, they probably were never that close to actually finding "the guy". 

How many times/years have we heard that Axl has 3 albums worth of material in the vault?  Just because we haven't heard it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  If we never get to hear it, then it doesn't matter one bit whether it exists or not.  I'm not holding out too much hope.  I've been waiting for them to tour the US again for years now and they don't seem any closer.  Despite Tommy's recent comments.  We've heard DJ, Frank, etc. mention possible dates before and nothing ever happened.  So do I expect a tour and 3 more albums?  No.  But I'm hopeful that we'll get something positive in the future.  If I wasn't hopeful, I wouldn't be here talking about it.

I don't see it as being lied to, that's all.  I guess we just view things differently.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm more talking about current/future comments.  We can't change the past.  I'd like to see them tell us what is going on big picture wise, not day to day stuff.  If nothing is going on, say nothing is going on.  That's okay.  I don't like it regardless of who is saying it - all the VR bs was stupid too.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like all that much is going on.  Despite DJ's optimistic comments.  I don't doubt he's put in some work on the existing songs.  I just can't imagine getting album number 2 out is going to be an easy task.  Logic would have it, that they'd plan more shows around the RIR date, and hold your breath, either play new music at the show or release an album somewhere around then.  And ultimately follow that up with some dates in the US.  I just don't know if that's humanly possible.  That would be my hope though, not sure how much, if any of that can be accomplished.  But I find it hard to believe that they'd play that ONE gig in October and that'd be it.  That wouldn't make much sense. 

I think if you add everything up, that's a possible scenario.  I mean, Tommy hinted at playing other shows in South America around the Rio date, it would only make sense.  And IF, any headway could be made as far as releasing another album, it'd make sense to do it, or debut new songs around that time.  Of course that may seem and sound like a pipe dream, and maybe it is.  Only time will tell.

I honestly don't think anyone in the band knows for sure what WILL happen, not even Axl.  So why make an announcement when there's nothing to announce?  Sure, they could tell us what the "plan" is.  But they've done that before, and we all know how that turned out.  We may be better off being left in the dark, and if anything happens, we'll be pleasantly surprised.  My expectations for this band have never been lower, so it wouldn't take much for me.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

That's exactly why I'd rather they say nothing.  Nothing is okay.

Board footer