You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: ASHBA Says 'Genius' AXL ROSE Has Three Albums' Worth Of Music Recorded

faldor wrote:

Nothing is okay for you, but others get incensed by the nothingness.  So in a sense they can't win.  I have no problem with anything that DJ, or others say to the media.  I just know deep down in my heart of hearts not to get excited about any of it, unless we're given real reason to.  We're certainly not there yet.  But I do prefer to hear positive talk than nothing at all.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Nothing is ok for most people.  Anybody that wants someone talking out their ass over nothing needs to take a look in the mirror.  If they were actually contributing information or giving some insight, I'd be all for it (Tommy's interview for example).  If they are going to be cheerleaders for a team that isn't planning on playing in a game anytime soon, there is no need for it. 

DJ, Baz, and all the others that talk shit up only to see nothing happen aren't doing themselves, the fans, the band, or anybody else other than the media or haters that wants to bash Axl any favors.

faldor

faldor wrote:

You may see it that way, but obviously they don't.  I'm quite sure they have no malicious intent when they talk glowingly of Axl.  I doubt they're building him up so he can be torn down by the media.  It should be no surprise to anyone at this point that GNR works at a snails pace.  It's like the boy who cried wolf.  Just because DJ, Baz, or anyone else says there's 3 glorious albums ready to reinvent the music scene, doesn't mean we're ever going to hear them (anytime soon).  And I don't think anyone is jumping to that conclusion.  The media and haters are going to hate regardless of what is said or unsaid.  Axl Rose doesn't have the most sterling reputation these days, and I'm quite sure these encouraging words aren't doing any further harm.  Are they helping?  No, but I don't see the harm.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Every Rock In Rio date GN'R has played, the band has debuted new music, whether it was the UYI's or CD, so maybe we will get a treat this October...?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Maybe

buzzsaw wrote:

The truth would be nice...and a lot of it is based on who is saying what they're saying.

This

Tbh, I don't mind being positive at all. Especially when I believe what's going on. I BELIEVED the album would come out in 2008, and it did. I BELIEVED they wouldn't tour in 2009, and they didn't. I BELIEVED that Azoff blackmailed Axl for a reunion, and Axl used it for his lawsuit. I BELIEVED they would tour in 2010 throughout the world, but not the U.S., and they did.

But right now, I BELIEVE alot of what DJ is saying is blowing smoke up our ass. I'm sorry, but I just do. If that changes, i'll publicly make a statement about it.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

GunsNRosesNews

On Sunday 22nd May 2011, @GunsNRosesNews said:

During the initial stages of “Chinese Democracy” Axl Rose often spoke of a wealth of material that would one day grace the public domain. Gradually however reality set in and the enthusiasm of the project declined with time. Axl no longer talked about the great “Chinese Democracy” ambition of three to four “groundbreaking” albums; instead focusing on the concept of one album only (referring to the possibility of a “sequel” vaguely and with a distinct air of reluctance). Undoubtedly the whole nightmare of “Chinese Democracy” (the experience, not the record) left those involved completely demoralized. The success of the recent touring seems to have reinvigorated an inspiration though, and the band members’ recent comments appear to channel Axl’s desire to once begin the rigorous and thankless process of creating a Guns N’ Roses album.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think it's wishful thinking from the band.  They want to do stuff.  They can't.  Eventually they figure out they can't make anything happen either.  It's a cycle that many of them have gone through.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

As someone said about 100 posts again "It's nice to know about all the music we'll never hear"

That's my thing with this; I don't care if DJ is telling the truth or not. I heard Dizzy talk about "amazing" and "groundbreaking" tunes back in 01. I finally got to hear some of them around 06 then the album came out in 08. I love what I got, but the days of me getting excited about a member of Guns N' Roses talking about how great music is that I'll have to wait years and years to hear if I ever get to at all are long, long, long gone.

That's a completely logical way of thinking as far as I'm concerned.  I agree, there's really NO reason to get excited about any of these comments at this point.  If we're given real reasons to in the future, then great, but we're far from that point right now. 

I still have no problem with DJ making these comments.  I find it refreshing actually.  The guy seems quite excited to be a part of the band, and I like that.  He's the new guy, so maybe he'll learn along the way and not be so open with his comments.  Go the Ron route eventually.  Who knows.  I wonder how Axl feels about his comments.  Since Axl did eventually tell Baz to cool it with the 3 album talk.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm a bit different to you guys.

It does excite me.

Does it mean I think anything will happen in the short term? No. But it's still exciting.

Why? Because there will come a day, (hopefully far away) when there will definately be no more GNR like how there is no more John Lennon, no more Jimi Hendrix etc.

And that sucks. Axl is by far my favourite vocalist and songwriter. I think he's a genius in terms of his musical talent. And while he lives there is always potential for more content from him - peformances, cds...whatever.

Imagine if he'd quit. Imagine this interview and DJ goes "Meh...I've never seen Axl touch an instrument outside of the stage. He doesn't work on song ideas. He doesn't seem musical. He told me he's completely over music and hates playing at all". That would suck a lot worse than waiting around for a new album.

So do i think anything will come of it. I wouldn't know. Maybe it will. Maybe it wont. But the idea that Axl is happily tinkering away on new works. And that a musical guy like DJ says they're great - well damn it - it does excite me. It's so much better than the alternative.

Board footer