You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: ASHBA Says 'Genius' AXL ROSE Has Three Albums' Worth Of Music Recorded

misterID wrote:

Really, DJ and Axl could be doing some work on some GNR songs without the other band members. That's the way he works, isn't it?

I've never heard of them writing together as a group, outside Tommy, Axl, Dizzy and Mother Goose.

...and Paul Huge wink

johndivney wrote:

yea p sure dj has said he's sent tapes to axl

i'd say there's a fair chance the band - or at least the songwriters in the band - are sketching some tracks/riffs and forwarding them to axl

it's a slow process but axl has the power & will to work how he wants, especially post '93

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really, DJ and Axl could be doing some work on some GNR songs without the other band members. That's the way he works, isn't it?

That's the way I see it! Nothing more, nothing less!

Whenever Axl would want DJ to add stuff to existing material, I'd bet he don't send out a memo to the rest of the band.

So when DJ says "working on new songs" to some magazine, to him, the reporter and the general public it REALLY IS new music.

Only some of us diehards (who even know songtitles from the vault) get confused and scream LIAR!!!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

So is DJ lying, or is he just misquoted everytime?

Oh wait, I forgot, they're not talking to him about GN'R anyway. Sixx:AM is so much more well-known and popular. THAT's the reason they pull him aside to talk shop and let him plug Ashbaland or whatever the fuck it's called.

SixxAM just released an album.  So when reporters stop to ask him questions, I'm pretty sure they're asking about said album.  Of course they're going to ask him about GNR as well.  Just like when Slash gets interviewed they'll ask him about VR, his solo work, and GNR.  I've never said anything less.  I can't deny being in GNR helps DJ's status and makes him more of a known commodity.  I didn't know of him, or hear any interviews with him for SixxAM's first album, though I wasn't following them at all.  And he's going to use the GNR name all he can to his advantage, as does everyone else in the band.  I still don't think the man is lying though.  I can't see any good that can come of that, and like you said, he's not stupid.  People are just taking his comments and blowing them out of proportion.  If you think he was just hired to tour and has done nothing with the band outside of that, fine.  But I believe he's actually put some work in behind the scenes.  At what level that work is, I have no clue.  Like I said, I imagine he put some of his touches on the existing material.  I tend to doubt he and Axl have come up with new tunes, but I hope I'm wrong.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

james-you base too much off of what axl says:

Yet you're doing the same thing twisting the quotes around to fit in with what you believe.

If you cant base something off what Axl says, who is left? I'm a bit interested in what comes from the horse's mouth.

no, i'm not.

i'm ignoring axl's words and basing my opinion on what multiple people close to axl have claimed. im also thinking that logic favors there is a ton of finished material. otherwise, he paid his hired musicians for over a decade to do almost nothing.

im not claiming axl is an evil liar but he does have a track record of not releasing music and making excuses while deflecting blame onto others.

he has a motive to deny the existence of music that others want released. he does things on his watch and doesn't want to be pressured into anything.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

So is DJ lying, or is he just misquoted everytime?

Oh wait, I forgot, they're not talking to him about GN'R anyway. Sixx:AM is so much more well-known and popular. THAT's the reason they pull him aside to talk shop and let him plug Ashbaland or whatever the fuck it's called.

SixxAM just released an album.  So when reporters stop to ask him questions, I'm pretty sure they're asking about said album.  Of course they're going to ask him about GNR as well.  Just like when Slash gets interviewed they'll ask him about VR, his solo work, and GNR.  I've never said anything less.  I can't deny being in GNR helps DJ's status and makes him more of a known commodity.  I didn't know of him, or hear any interviews with him for SixxAM's first album, though I wasn't following them at all.  And he's going to use the GNR name all he can to his advantage, as does everyone else in the band.  I still don't think the man is lying though.  I can't see any good that can come of that, and like you said, he's not stupid.  People are just taking his comments and blowing them out of proportion.  If you think he was just hired to tour and has done nothing with the band outside of that, fine.  But I believe he's actually put some work in behind the scenes.  At what level that work is, I have no clue.  Like I said, I imagine he put some of his touches on the existing material.  I tend to doubt he and Axl have come up with new tunes, but I hope I'm wrong.

I think it's very possible that he might've re-recorded some Robin parts or possibly added some rhythm parts to some of the vault songs.

I think that's very possible. He probably had to learn some of them ahead of time, just in case Axl decided to drop some new songs live, or possibly play some UYI songs.

But NEW songs, as in, we sat down and wrote together - that's what is suspect. I don't tend to doubt it - I flat out don't believe it.

Alot of people might reference 'Paul Huge' and Axl's past collaborations privately, but the reality is - how many 'Paul' songs were on CD? Not that many, and it took years to even hear those.

I trust Ron, Tommy, Dizzy & Chris - if they're not there, they're not there. Ron is a good man, and honest, and the other three have YEARS of time in with the band. If they're not there, they're not there.

DJ comes across as the Jimmy Hart of Guns N' Roses.

jimmy-hart-pictures-02.jpg

Sky Dog wrote:

According to ASCAP, Paul Tobias has co writing credits on 7 Chinese Democracy songs...half the album....and some damn good ones too in TWAT and Prostitute. 16

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7377&p=1

All Tobias writing credits
http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?req … 30&start=1

Works written by: 

Save 
  TOBIAS PAUL H Society: ASCAP     IPI No. 334245974 
1 .   BACK OFF BITCH
    (Work ID: 320373851)
2 .   CATCHER IN THE RYE
    (Work ID: 334474378)
3 .   CHINESE DEMOCRACY
    (Work ID: 334393698)
4 .   I.R.S.
    (Work ID: 393950199)
5 .   JUNKIE
    (Work ID: 400272308)
6 .   OH MY GOD
    (Work ID: 450485146)
7 .   PROSTITUTE
    (Work ID: 463436497)
8 .   RIAD N' THE BEDOUINS
    (Work ID: 482479334)
9 .   SHADOW OF YOUR LOVE
    (Work ID: 490851844)
10 .   SHOTGUN MARY
    (Work ID: 491520468)
11 .   STREET OF DREAMS
    (Work ID: 497227195)
12 .   THERE WAS A TIME
    (Work ID: 506275776)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If you remember those old pitman interviews. He talks about going into axl's bunker and staying there for weeks and tinkering around with loads of song ideas.

I think Axl works in bursts personally. Seems like nothing happens for a while then there's a huge amount of activity.

My guess is that DJ flew in. Added some guitar parts to the vault tracks.

As with bumble/bucket on CD - i suspect on some of them they will replace the existing ones and other songs will keep the earlier members. Some will probably have hybrid solos and stuff as with before.

While hanging out adding the solos...DJ likes to play on protools, so it's possible he got into a creative zone and layed out a few partial song ideas to go into Axl's pile of half recorded concepts and ideas for future consideration - or to be added as intros and outtros to the songs and stuff.

None of these things require bumble or dizzy to be in attendance. And they all count as songwriting type activities - without meaning the full band has to be in attendance or that there's any kind of firm finished tracklist about to get pressed.

I see nothing about this senario that's unlikely at all. It's pretty much what everyone who's worked on the CD sessions has done. Come in - record their ideas - add some suggestions to the pile - then wait. Realisticly with GNR there's probably like 2 years of mixing, mastering, sorting out shit with the label and all that other stuff happening once the tracks are pretty much down....so see it as very very positive that this is happening.

I really dont see why it would be a lie. Is anyone expecting CD2 to come out without DJ's guitar parts added? They've added everyone else who joins the band to the recordings. It seems to be the next obvious step that the band would take. Yet somehow when DJ says it he's lying?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

DJ didn't say he was adding stuff.

He said the were WRITING NEW STUFF

Totally different thing

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

DJ didn't say he was adding stuff.

He said the were WRITING NEW STUFF

Totally different thing

And he could be writing stuff for GNR. If he's doing the Ron thing and waiting for all the guys to get into the same room together and write, it would be one thing. But he's made it pretty clear that's he's writing stuff and giving it to Axl. That's not hard to believe. Probably its how Axl prefers it. There is a picture floating around of DJ and Mother Goose that looks like they're working on some music in a hotel room when they were on tour.

Board footer