You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Weiland joined VR for money

Sky Dog wrote:

.....took my post back....don't want any part of the Axl said Slash said argument. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

At the end of the day, most of this is lawyer spin. They must make a fortune off of these guys.

Slash may have left a note but I would bet my house on it that it said nothing bad about VR. VR were actually going great guns in 2005 (if I recall).

I'm sure any note Slash left for Axl that could have incriminated him with VR would have ended up all over The Smoking Gun / HTGTH and then the rest of the planets entertainment wires.

It never happened. This to me means the note is probably something to the effect of

'I'm tired of all the shit man. Let's sit down and talk liked we used to. Slash.'

My feeling is that if Axl could use that note to gain any higher ground with the fans on the break up of old GNR then I figure he would have exploited it mercilessly; he really is that bitter.
It was never released to the public which means there was no advantage to be gained by Axl in doing so.

Oh no, they sat down. Because if it was just a simple note, Slash would have said so. He wouldn't have let something that insignificant drag and drag on forever and ever. If he confesses to something like that, it just puts him over more with Gunners. It makes him look like the good guy, and Axl the bad meanie Nazi that Slash always painted him.

The whole ordeal was eeriely quiet. Slash denied it, then cut back and said yes, but it didn't happen like that.

Axl came out of the gate swingin' for the fences with it - they sat down.

But I don't believe that Axl is ignorant enough to have lawyers spin his statements. He HATES guys like that AND the media. PLUS, Axl's "press releases" all sound virtually identical, and VERY Axl. I think he either approves all press releases personally, or has the exact same person in his camp write them for him and he has executive decision over the final copy, and makes personal corrections.

That 2005 press release has an Axl chat post written all over it. He felt vindicated by the whole thing, and also felt he finally had Slash backed into a corner, so instead of hugging him, he decided to finish him.

The whole thing ended up being a glorious fuck up on BOTH sides, which to me just lends more credit that it did indeed happen, and it was fast and over quick. Both did it for all the wrong reasons, which is why it came out so clusterfuckey. Slash went to Axl to bag on the VR situation, and Axl was basically just taking notes, but not enough to quote to protect himself from libel in the press release. Obviously Slash isn't afraid to sue Axl.

jmho

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Oh no, they sat down

I think you could well be right.

Axl came out of the gate swingin' for the fences with it - they sat down

I'm surprised Axl didn't admit to this. He' s always looked like the one who won't talk to Slash - for any reason.  Telling the world that he spoke to him would have eased some of the hate he gets.

PLUS, Axl's "press releases" all sound virtually identical, and VERY Axl.

16 I know what you mean, very dense in language, theme and thought; reuquiring multiple reads.

The whole thing ended up being a glorious fuck up on BOTH sides

Welcome to GNR and all involved since 1993...even us forum freaks could have run these guy's careers for them better than the 'pros' did.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If the forum freaks wouldn't have gayed up with the STUPID questions they threw at Axl during the chats, Axl could've been easily questioned, and probably open to answering to stuff about that ordeal and what exactly happened from his perspective, and what it meant.

That's the biggest BAD thing to happen of those chats is that Axl didn't come to Evo to do it.

Had we known, every person here would've done their homework, including me, and come out with scholarly, well-thought out GN'R legacy questions and absolutely grilled Axl on them, and probably gotten enough material to write a fuckin' book on a few hours of posting. Lock down the board, and only current Evo members get in there.... it would've been beautiful.

Instead we found out whether Axl was a fan of The Little Mermaid. That opportunity is gone. With Axl on Twitter now, that opportunity will never ever happen again.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

There was a lot of crap asked...but I thought he was also pretty candid overall...and I got the impression he wanted to focus on the positive at the time...like how initially he deflected the name issue questions then answered it in detail another time....so who knows if he would have wanted the interrigation he might get...but things like those chats and eddie trunk were so good.

It really made me realise in the modern era how much I miss Axl talking, not from a "the albums would go gold" perspective and all that, but just from the point of view of the artist sharing his views.

You know like when he talked about Shackler's Revenge and about Catcher in the Rye - I find it facinating knowing some of the ideas in his head while crafting those songs.

But even more broadly, like his essay on china in the alternate booklet, because I enjoy so much of his work I find it interesting to have little windows into how he thinks about things.

Or like those chats on trunk - there was such humour and warmth to him - which made a really interesting contrast to the Axl you see offering to kick the shit out of a guy who's causing trouble in the front row.

It probably sounds stalkerish, but like while the music stands alone for what it is - which is fucking awesome - I think Axl is such a misunderstood guy, and such a complex person, that it's really valuable and facinating for people who enjoy the music to learn more about his perception of the world, and his ideas on things.

I remember on the Metallica "Some Kind of Monster" dvd where Bob Rock sees James playing guitar for the first time in ages and he says just the sight of him there noodling is the best thing he's seen in a long time. And I feel the same whenever Axl returns from an absence....I probably wouldn't agree with everything he says...but I always felt his was a voice that should be heard...that his perspective contributed something to the world.

I guess talking usually just starts up too much media bullshit for him so he doesn't - but I really enjoy finding out his side of the stories so to speak.

Board footer