You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Weiland joined VR for money

Mikkamakka wrote:

Weiland joined Revolver for money

Rocker Scott Weiland has admitted his heart was never in supergroup Velvet Revolver, insisting money was his real motivation for joining the band.

Weiland was invited to join ex-Guns N’ Roses members Slash and Duff McKagan as the frontman of their new group in 2003, but initially had reservations after he was left unimpressed by the sample tracks he was sent.

But in his new tell-all book, Not Dead And Not For Sale: A Memoir, Weiland reveals it was McKagan’s talk of lucrative pay cheques which tempted him to join.

He writes, “They put some songs on a CD and my wife said, ’They think you’ll like what they’re doing.’ I didn’t it sounded like Bad Company and I never liked Bad Company. A week or so later another CD arrived with songs custom-designed for me.

“I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to hook up with these guys. Duff said, ’There’s soundtrack stuff we’ve been asked to do, and the money’s great.’ The money attracted me.

“I can’t call it the music of my soul. There was a certain commercial calculation behind it.”

Velvet Revolver is still on hiatus after Weiland was fired from the group in 2009.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/17/we … -for-money

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
SCOTT WEILAND Claims He Was Raped When He Was 12 Years Old http://dlvr.it/SChSG

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

So now he's going to shit on what good DID come out of VR? Real good, Scott.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

HEAVY emphasis on the 'shooting' part.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

No shit? You mean he wanted to get paid to make music? Weird.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
SCOTT WEILAND Claims He Was Raped When He Was 12 Years Old http://dlvr.it/SChSG

As discussed on The Howard Stern Show.  He gets pretty emotional here.  You can hear the pain from him telling the story.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

SCOTT WEILAND Covers NIRVANA, THE DOORS, ROLLING STONES At New York City Concert - May 20, 2011
On May 17, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/ex-VELVET REVOLVER vocalist Scott Weiland published his memoir, "Not Dead & Not For Sale", and held a book-release signing at Barnes & Noble in Union Square in New York City — which was to be followed by a concert presented by 101.9 RXP at the Gramercy Theater. Scott reportedly showed up to the book signing/interview session about 45 minutes late due to the fact that he was "soundchecking at the Gramercy." Scott and Matt Pinfield then had a discussion about the book, announced a Williamsburg Waterfront show for New York City this summer and Scott signed copies of the book for everyone in attendance.

Weiland's show at the Gramercy reportedly didn't begin until 11:30 p.m. and featured a setlist that consisted entirely of covers:

01. [Jam]
02. Waiting for a Superman (FLAMING LIPS cover)
03. Into Your Arms (LEMONHEADS cover)
04. But Not Tonight (DEPECHE MODE cover)
05. I Am the Resurrection (STONE ROSES cover)
06. Let Down (RADIOHEAD cover)
07. Jean Genie (DAVID BOWIE cover)
08. Dead Flowers (THE ROLLING STONES cover)
09. Roadhouse Blues (THE DOORS cover)
10. Fame (DAVID BOWIE cover)
11. Frances Farmer Will Get Her Revenge On Seattle (NIRVANA cover)

Encore:

12. Unglued (STONE TEMPLE PILOTS cover)

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be viewed below.

"Not Dead & Not For Sale" was released via the Simon & Schuster imprint Scribner. Weiland, 43, collaborated on the project with David Ritz, the "Sexual Healing" lyricist who has co-written autobiographies for the likes of Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles and more recently Don Rickles.

Weiland is reportedly working on both a new solo album and a new STONE TEMPLE PILOTS record.
[youtube]_maivOxPBLI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I respect scott cos he has a nice voice and he's written some songs I really enjoy. That said though - it's pretty clear he was never a good fit for VR - he doesn't seem to really enjoy the bulk of slash's work or appriciate his style - and while I like some scott songs - he's sort of one dimensional in relation to the type of music the VR guys could write.

Overall I enjoy the VR albums we got a lot though...but at the same time it just seems it was never the best solution for the band. Of course they also seem to not be able to find another singer.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Scott Weiland wrote:

“I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to hook up with these guys. Duff said, ’There’s soundtrack stuff we’ve been asked to do, and the money’s great.’ The money attracted me.

Lomax wrote:

How could anyone be surprised that 3 surviving members of Guns N Roses are having trouble finding a singer to do them justice.

I think we're all quite aware at this point that drama aside, Axl rose in one of the all time great singers.

Board footer