You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Tommy Stinson Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

It's okay. Would probably be a main track on an Izzy solo album.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.spin.com/articles/tough-ques … my-stinson

good Tommy article at Spin....pretty honest as always smile

You've worked closely with Axl for a long time now. What's the secret?

"You figure out after a while what battles are worth fighting for. That's the big thing. A lot of times, whether it's Axl or Paul or just about anyone, they'll tell you they want to hear 
what you have to say, but they really don't. So you've got to walk a fine line. You have to play the moment for what it is."

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … g-20110816

Tommy getting nice press at Spin and now Rolling Stone. 

"I've gone through enough labels to know that there's not much they could offer me," says Stinson. "This just makes more sense. I'm trying to utilize things like social media and just eek out a little niche for myself." You can stream "It's A Drag" above, or download the track for free right here.

Stinson cut the vast majority of album in Los Angeles and Philadelphia, but the title track came to life on a recent Guns N' Roses tour. "We were having a little dispute within the ranks of the bus," Stinson says. "Somebody had an issue with somebody  and there were some e-mails that went around and someone included me in the exchanges. It was like, 'Man, don't include me in your needs. I've got my own issues. I'm a one-man mutiny.' That just kind of popped out." When the tour hit Belgium, Stinson recruited GNR keyboardist Dizzy Reed and guitarist Richard Fortus to help him flesh out the track. "The hotel restaurant had a grand piano in it," Stinson says. "They let us use it and it worked out really great."

maybe the song isn't about Axl....:/

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thanks for the links madagas smile

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I love that song though. Tommy is the only GNR solo guy except Buckethead I can stand listen to.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well I know that Tommy gets along with Fernando and the Lebeis's pretty well...

Maybe someone took on one of their roles, and Tommy got involved when Axl wasn't there. just a guess

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

http://www.spin.com/articles/tough-ques … my-stinson

good Tommy article at Spin....pretty honest as always smile

You've worked closely with Axl for a long time now. What's the secret?

"You figure out after a while what battles are worth fighting for. That's the big thing. A lot of times, whether it's Axl or Paul or just about anyone, they'll tell you they want to hear 
what you have to say, but they really don't. So you've got to walk a fine line. You have to play the moment for what it is."

Is it safe to say at this point that Tommy did not like Tobias? Each time he's mentioned him the comments were not positive.

I wish someone would ask him about Riad. He apparently wrote it and I'd like actual details on how that song came about. Bucket's all over that like flies on shit and would like to know if the two actually sat in the studio working on that together or is it just cut and paste and they were virtual strangers.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I think its paul westerberg that hes talking about there smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You're right. Total brain fart on my part.

Sky Dog wrote:

Westerberg for sure...

Board footer