You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Led Zeppelin Discussion

smoke wrote:

I agree with you, but to me they're not going to diminish anything by touring. And I don't think it diminishes John's memory at all either. Especially if Jason's involved.  But I'm totally on board with how someone would feel that way.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Since everything comes back to GNR at some point.... wink

Celebration Day is a great example of how a committed singer can rehab and retrain his voice, and also approach his backlog in a new way that fits.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Hopefully a reunion doesn't happen. Led Zeppelin was the 4 of them in their youth, not 3 of them in old age with one of them already gone.

Have you heard Celebration Day? They've still got it.

I have the Blu-ray.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love the Blu-ray, but guys, it took 5 years of "polishing" up to fix it.  It didn't sound like that live, listen to the boots.  That said they were still good. Page at times almost lost it... So lets not get carried away.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I love the Blu-ray, but guys, it took 5 years of "polishing" up to fix it.  It didn't sound like that live, listen to the boots.  That said they were still good. Page at times almost lost it... So lets not get carried away.

Yeah i thought page was the weakest link on the bluray. The sound quailty is killer and is mixed well

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Truth right here folks. Page fiddled around with it, especially his parts. It's basically a better version of GNR's Live Era release. Setting that aside, however, there are two key issues that I noticed. Page's guitar doesn't sound like it did in their prime. Different sound setup, etc. And Jason is not his dad. He is very good, but he isn't his dad. I immediately noticed both of these issues as soon as I popped in Led Zeppelin DVD to watch some classic shows. Bonzo was crucial to the Zeppelin sound and Page's live guitar sound at the time was far more accurate to the Zeppelin sound than what I heard on Celebration Day.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I don't get the mentality that they shouldn't tour. They don't sound the same as in their prime, of course, but to say they should just hang it up when they're perfectly capable of playing the songs and making them sound good is crazy. If you don't want them to tour, cool, stay home! If this happens, my ass is gettin a ticket on day one.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Rex wrote:

I don't get the mentality that they shouldn't tour. They don't sound the same as in their prime, of course, but to say they should just hang it up when they're perfectly capable of playing the songs and making them sound good is crazy. If you don't want them to tour, cool, stay home! If this happens, my ass is gettin a ticket on day one.

It's about preserving the band's integrity. They've done a much better job of it than most bands.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Rex wrote:

You ain't the only one good sir!

Board footer