You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: Led Zeppelin Discussion

jorge76 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I never ever bought their catalog, but I might do it now.

This seems like sacrilege to me. GN'R was heavily influenced by Zeppelin. Kinda surprising to see a big GN'R fan who isn't also a Zephead. 16

I'm another one of those.  I like Zeppelin musically for the most part, I just can't get into Plant. 

A phrase I've used before is "every 80's singer that sucks, sucks because they're trying to sound like Robert plant". 

All that said, I'll give them all the props in the world for what they did to move rock and roll forward and all the people they were huge influences on because of it.  I'm just not really into it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I never ever bought their catalog, but I might do it now.

This seems like sacrilege to me. GN'R was heavily influenced by Zeppelin. Kinda surprising to see a big GN'R fan who isn't also a Zephead. 16

I'm another one of those.  I like Zeppelin musically for the most part, I just can't get into Plant. 

A phrase I've used before is "every 80's singer that sucks, sucks because they're trying to sound like Robert plant". 

All that said, I'll give them all the props in the world for what they did to move rock and roll forward and all the people they were huge influences on because of it.  I'm just not really into it.

None of those poser hair metal bastards sound like Plant even if they're trying to. Can't stand the L.A. hair metal vocal style, whether it's Motley Crue, Ratt, or any of the others. Plant was absolutely amazing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Man, they should have let Nancy Wilson sing the whole thing. She fucking rocks.  And why not get Slash on Guitar on that tribute as well?  He would have NAILED that shit.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Man, they should have let Nancy Wilson sing the whole thing. She fucking rocks.  And why not get Slash on Guitar on that tribute as well?  He would have NAILED that shit.

I think you mean Ann Wilson. Nancy is the guitar playing sister. I agree with you though, should have just let Heart do the entire tribute. Would have been better than the Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, and Lenny Kravitz butchering Plant's vocals (not to mention the guitar parts).

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Whoa, I didn't even see all them till the end.  What were they playing?  Nancy had that shit down.  Ugh, why must everyone add a black choir to make it "epic"?  That is pure cheese.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

One of my friends posted the performance on her Facebook wall. Forgetting to watch it for the past few days. Simply amazing performance by the sisters of rock, Jason, and the supporting backing musicians. Best cover of the song I've seen in quite awhile. Jimmy, Rob, John, and the others seemed to be loving the show.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think Ann and Nancy did some time in a Zep cover band before forming Heart.

I think you're right. Should have let them do the entire tribute show instead of just one song.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Don't know about their pre-Heart cover band, but remember them doing Battle of Evermore as The Lovemongers on the Singles soundtrack back in the early 90s? Great version, too.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think Ann and Nancy did some time in a Zep cover band before forming Heart.

I think I recall something to that effect from their interview on TMS this past season.  I saw Heart open up for Def Leppard last year and they were really good.  They did "What Is And What Should Never Be".  Great stuff!

Not the show I was at, but anyway

Board footer