You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: DJ ASHBA Recalls 'Funny' Bar Fight Involving AXL ROSE -

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Not to be a dick, but who's fault is that?

You seem to take it out on Axl, and you just admitted it's entirely self-contained within you.

I didn't make it so GnR couldn't tour the us.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No, you didn't. But you, yourself are choosing to ignore other positive aspects of an active GN'R outside of the U.S., simply because for you, only a live show or possibly new album matters.

There are other things to take into consideration, and for 90% of current GN'R fans - that's enough (such as boots, active involvement in social media with band members, live streams of concerts). But for you it's not.

That to me seems to be your problem, not Axl's or GNR's.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Good point Axlin.  Although I can also see where Buzz is coming from.  While I'm excited they're going to be playing a few shows in October, including Rock In Rio, which is always special, it's tough to take it to the next level when all these shows are happening thousands of miles away.  Hopefully the settlement will change things and they'll actually be able to tour the US sometime soon, because it's getting almost as ridiculous as the actual wait for Chinese Democracy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Everything is all about the individual.  That is the point.  You don't like something because it speaks to others, you like it because it speaks to you.  If GnR as it currently sits isn't doing anything for me, I have the right to be bothered by it.  If I feel it's Axl's fault, I have the right to be bothered by that too.  Hooray for those that are getting what they want.  I'm not, and it's not because of anything I did.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm all about the current incarnation of the band..dont get me wrong, i love slash but i asm more than content to have GnR here and slash there...double the tunes to enjoy I say throw in SIxx AM and the occasional BBF single and i;m lovin it

I'm similar.

Like many of us I grew up listening to Axl and Slash, so I mean the day that reunion happens I'd stomp anything in the way to get to the front of the ticket sales line. So it's not like I don't love the old line up. But that said....I enjoy a lot everything else that goes on...and I can sort of embrace how things are.

But to me, I find lots to enjoy in the current line up, and I often find that my GNR interest helps me discover other new music.

A lot of bands that are not in my tops favourites but that I enjoy a lot so to speak came because of GNR in some way or other. Artists like SixxAm, Alterbridge, Bumblefoots solo stuff, Buckethead and lots of other stuff. Maybe I would have found some of it anyway, maybe I wouldn't.

I guess i'm lucky because I enjoy a lot of the current projects. I mean no disrespect to those that don't - but I can't fathom it - I was crashfence at Slash's solo gig and it was such an amazing evening of guitar and his new tracks like "By the Sword" are awesome.

Meanwhile, while new GNR has it's differences from old GNR, I think about songs like Cathcher, TWAT, TIL, Madagascar and even ones others seem to dislike like Scrapped and they've added a lot to my life.

Slash is working on a new album with myles, we know that some from of a CD2 exists...to me there's still an interesting future in GNR and GNR related bands.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well if that's true, then NO ONE since 1993 has been on the level to be in the band. Maybe that's why they haven't replicated their success?

Robin Finck (the Paul Huge of NIN)
Paul Tobias (who?)

To many/most NIN fans, Robin is hardly a 'who'.

He did their breakthrough tours (for The Downward Spiral & Fragile), and performed / recorded with the 'farewell' lineup.

I daresay he's the fan-favorite out of all NIN live guitarists.

I get your analogy with going from complete obscurity to a big band, but wanted to point out the differences between Robin/NIN fans & Paul/GNR fans.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

buzzsaw wrote:

Everything is all about the individual.  That is the point.  You don't like something because it speaks to others, you like it because it speaks to you.  If GnR as it currently sits isn't doing anything for me, I have the right to be bothered by it.  If I feel it's Axl's fault, I have the right to be bothered by that too.  Hooray for those that are getting what they want.  I'm not, and it's not because of anything I did.

Again the thing is for me Robin left before and came back, why not again?

Anyhow, I get to see Josh Freese tomorro with Devo and it is going to be sick. That guy was the best drummer that GN'R only had briefly. Saw him play with Weezer a while back, so good.

Board footer