You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Azoff-Axl Lawsuit Settled: Includes "comprehensive touring agreement"

Neemo wrote:

i'm more inclined to think that AZOFF was more concerned about the possibility to make MORE money if there was a Classic reunion...I wouldnt find it outside the realm of possiblity that Azoff would say yeah i could make x amout of cash with GnR touring the states right now but i could make X amount times 10 or even 100 if the classic lineup was together...so lets mess with Axl's head and see if we can make him cave...lets see how much he wants the $$$...in europe people are rabid for gnr in any form...the US is more of a nostalgic thing these days....in essence live nation trying to push buttons...and who looked like the bad guy in the end? Axl cuz the current gnr didnt tour the US...even though it probably wasnt even his fault since Azoff may have said classic lineup or no lineup...crue claimed the same thing happened to them when Corabi was in the band...label and promoters leaned on them til they caved and reunited

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm more inclined to think that AZOFF was more concerned about the possibility to make MORE money if there was a Classic reunion...I wouldnt find it outside the realm of possiblity that Azoff would say yeah i could make x amout of cash with GnR touring the states right now but i could make X amount times 10 or even 100 if the classic lineup was together...so lets mess with Axl's head and see if we can make him cave...lets see how much he wants the $$$...in europe people are rabid for gnr in any form...the US is more of a nostalgic thing these days....in essence live nation trying to push buttons...and who looked like the bad guy in the end? Axl cuz the current gnr didnt tour the US...even though it probably wasnt even his fault since Azoff may have said classic lineup or no lineup...crue claimed the same thing happened to them when Corabi was in the band...label and promoters leaned on them til they caved and reunited

I think it's possible that Azoff wanted to keep open the possibility of making money from a potential GN'R reunion tour down the road, thereby motivating a settlement.  I don't see a repeat of the Motley situation though, as there still are no indications of a reunion anytime soon.

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Not touring the US was Gn'R's  decison and Gn'R's decision alone. It had nothing to do with Live nation, ticketmaster or Azof. Like  they'd help them book tours and venues all over the world but just not the in the US. Yeah right.

Just my opinion but it seems like the common sense opinion to me.

Ali

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

Not touring the US was Gn'R's  decison and Gn'R's decision alone. It had nothing to do with Live nation, ticketmaster or Azof. Like  they'd help them book tours and venues all over the world but just not the in the US. Yeah right.

The number of Live Nation owned and operated venues in the US is almost double that number in the rest of the world, as of 2005.  Live Nation's reach is much, much farther in the US than in the rest of the world.

And, again, I'll say if the issue Axl raised in the countersuit about Azoff blackballing artists that don't do what he says by using his influence over artist management, ticket sales and concert promotions was not significant, then why would the settlement include a stipulation about a touring agreement?  The only way that's relevant is because of Azoff's position with Live Nation, as he is not GN'R's manager anymore, obviously.

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All of these people saying GN'R didn't tour the U.S. because they didn't want to are incredibly ignorant.

Azoff is friggin' Christ in the booking business. Total monopoly. Axl HAS to play ball with Azoff. HAS TO.

That's the reason the final agreement including GN'R touring. They'll probably be working with Azoff again, simply because it makes sense, and it helps Axl to have a guy like that FOR HIM and not against him. Trust me.

GN'R are only going to tour if it's profitable, because they aren't pushing a new product in 2010/11.

There's no reason to go into the red ink on a club acoustic tour for hardcores, when GN'R (who can't even maintain a website) are going to try to book an entire tour by themselves. That's what happens when a professional housekeeper does that job.

Azoff made it his life's business to blacklist Axl in the U.S., and guess what? It worked.

As for a GN'R North American tour....

If they come really really close to me with an AFD tribute.... maybe.

But honestly i'm gonna need an incentive than another AFD tribute show.

New album, new reunion, more UYI songs, Duff on rhythm guitar... something.

Hearing This I Love & Sorry live... ain't worth that kind of money imo.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Business is business. If there was money to be made, it would have happened.

And Axl is Axl!

I'd bet this isn't the first time Axl has refused to do something because of a personal or professional "grudge".

I'm pretty sure there are money to be made out of US tour. Sure the music marked in the US is a bit different then some other areas. But people in the US isn' THAT different from people in every fucking other country in the world.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:

Like  they'd help them book tours and venues all over the world but just not the in the US. Yeah right.

Things like major companies' many different divisions all over the world is prolly a bit more complicated than that!

Spotify, a major online music streaming service in Europe has struck a deal with all the major labels in Europe. Yet a deal with the US divisions of those same labels seem to be nowhere in sight! Same goes for Netflix, only the other way around. Europe is not getting Netflix.
Same with Apple's new iCloud service which launches in the fall(?) in the US. Europe ain't getting that service until sometime in 2012 at the earliest.

Wierd? Yes! Complicated? Yes!
But there is most likely some high level of common business sense that is beyond the comprehension of GNR-fans on a message board!
No offense to anyone here!!!  smile

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

This is good news.

Nov Dec Jan dates being looked at. Once the US dates pass, then we can move on to new material, I hope.

Ali

Ali wrote:
sp1at wrote:

This is good news.

Nov Dec Jan dates being looked at. Once the US dates pass, then we can move on to new material, I hope.

Sounds good.  I hope to see them in the US sooner rather than later.  Although, I think perhaps it would be better to tour once new material is released.

Perhaps they'll road-test some new/previously unheard material. big_smile

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Business is business. If there was money to be made, it would have happened.

And Axl is Axl!

I'd bet this isn't the first time Axl has refused to do something because of a personal or professional "grudge".

I don't disagree, but it's an Axl issue.  That was my point.  He could have done whatever he wanted to.  I think he did what he wanted to and used this as an excuse, but that's just my opinion.

Board footer