You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

Sky Dog wrote:

If I had to go to a desert island and the choice was between these 12 UYI tracks and CD and AFD, I am taking these. This is a HUGE album....:mosh:

Civil War
14 Years
Yesterdays
Locomotive
Dust N Bones
Breakdown
The Garden
Double Talkin Jive
November Rain
You Could Be Mine
Estranged
Coma

let's play under the assumption that you can choose your own best 12 UYI tracks and you can whittle down CD to 12 tracks. Since most people think AFD is gold, it has to fight it out on it's own. What ya got, AFD-UYI-CD? lol

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Fuckin' AGREED dude!

UYI as a one-album hit, fucking destroys AFD any damn day, and CD is a fuckin' jobber.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

madagas wrote:

If I had to go to a desert island and the choice was between these 12 UYI tracks and CD and AFD, I am taking these. This is a HUGE album....:mosh:

Civil War
14 Years
Yesterdays
Locomotive
Dust N Bones
Breakdown
The Garden
Double Talkin Jive
November Rain
You Could Be Mine
Estranged
Coma

Swap DTJ for Don't Damn Me and Dust N Bones for Pretty Tied Up and it's a deal.

Sky Dog wrote:

let's play under the assumption that you can choose your own best 12 UYI tracks and you can whittle down CD to 12 tracks. Since most people think AFD is gold, it has to fight it out on it's own. What ya got, AFD-UYI-CD? tongue

I like the Izzy vocal songs mixed in because I think it adds color and depth to the mix. Plus, Axl sings killer background/complimentary vocals on the Izzy songs.....something sorely lacking on Chinese and AFD for that matter.

I remember when I first got in to Guns in 1988. I loved AFD and the energy but could never get through the whole album at once due to Axl's constant screech and pretty much the same sounding guitars. When you put the UYI songs together, there is alot of diversity in the guitars, vocals, and instruments. Yet, for me, the 12 songs listed, still have a very cohesive feel to them. I have it on my ipod right now and it just f'n rocks in so many ways. Out of all the songs, the only thing I would do different is take out Axl's "blue meanies" vocal spot in the outro to Breakdown....just let Slash go and end with the "But...it is written" part.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

UYI by a long, long shot.  I don't even know that I could narrow it down to 12 songs to be honest.

Civil War
14 Years
GITR (Instrumental)
Breakdown (minus Axl at the end)
Locomotive
Estranged
Dust N Bones
Perfect Crime
Double Talkin Jive
November Rain
Don't Damn Me
Coma

NR was the last song I added and it was a toss up between that and a few others.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

Weren't YCBM and NR originally written for AFD?  Can I add those there, and select 14 from UYI (excluding YCBM and NR), and 14 from CD?  Can I add OMG to CD and drop something else?   lol  UYI wins anyway, barely.

Estranged
Bad Apples
Bad Obsession
Breakdown (I'd also like Axl removed from the end)
Double Talkin' Jive
Civil War
Locomotive
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
Perfect Crime
Yesterdays
Coma

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
evads wrote:

Estranged
Bad Apples
Bad Obsession
Breakdown (I'd also like Axl removed from the end)
Double Talkin' Jive
Civil War
Locomotive
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
Perfect Crime
Yesterdays
Coma

almost perfect... i'd swap PC for RNDTH... and leave axl at the end of breakdown... I've always loved that shit. "There goes the challenger..." fuck... if it was gone i's prolly say it myself... it's great

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Put DDM's "Because your illusions are yours and not mine" musical part into RNDTH and I'd put it on the list instead of Dead Horse.

LALD
Don't Cry
PC
DTJ
NR
Dead Horse
Coma
Civil War
Yesterdays
Locomotive
YCBM
Estranged

If I was on an island with the albums as is, it would be CD or AFD.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

almost perfect... i'd swap PC for RNDTH... and leave axl at the end of breakdown... I've always loved that shit. "There goes the challenger..." fuck... if it was gone i's prolly say it myself... it's great

I almost took RNDTH too, but I couldn't part with anything else, except maybe Civil War.  And Tyler, you should record your own vocal for Breakdown at the end.  I took Axl off, just for fun, in case you want to give it a shot.

Breakdown.mp3

Board footer