You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Ok, you're Slash & VRs new manager, what would you do?

Intercourse wrote:

Its all just a low compared to where Slash began.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In terms of the original songs I like Myles.

Back to Cali and Starlight are strong songs considering the ballady riffs they're made from.

Just as good as any of the VR ballads IMO.

What wil be interesting will be to see how he shapes up to the rocker type tracks - as he doesn't seem to have that anger - he's too well adjusted...hehe..but I have a bit of faith - he's a good singer - I think this next album could be the best post GNR work yet.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Oh, come on. Lyrically, any VR or GN'R ballad is streets (of dreams) ahead of Myles and his 'Starlight is bright tonight' schtick. Vocally, he sounds like 2002 Helium Axl. And in terms of stage presence, he looks like what he is - a (perfectly good) guitarist who's been thrust into the role of frontman and doesn't quite know what to do with his hands.

Personally, I reckon Duff and Matt should tell Axl and Slash to go hang. Hook up with Corey and Izzy, find another lead guitarist (Dave Navarro? Zakk Wylde? John 5? Joe Perry?) and hit the road. I'd rather see that than Myles butchering Civil War for the hundredth time.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think Myles sings those classics at least on the same level as Axl's hired guns perform the music. Both are solid, but both are lacking.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No fuckin' way. Any era of new Guns > Myles & Weiland combined.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've always said I would much rather have an Izzy/Duff-fronted VR, than what we got. It would've been more GN'R, but less mainstream.

This 100% It would've been ten times cooler and in my opinion with Izzy in the fold all the way the albums would've been ten times better. Duff and Izzy rotating on vocals would be fucking awesome(especially since Duff sings ten times better than he did way back in the 90s). It would BE Guns N' Fucking Roses and Axl's new shit wouldn't have a leg to stand on in terms of credibility.... like even does anyways.   Basically I'm agreeing and saying it would be TEN TIMES BETTER if this had been the case .

PaSnow wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Myles Kennedy is, kinda generic?!

Nope he's pretty much as generic as they come.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No fuckin' way. Any era of new Guns > Myles & Weiland combined.

Lead-singer dependant tongue

Weiland was weak, but not worse than Finck 16 and Myles is probably the DJ Ashba of Slash's band in terms of performing well without the original soul (and without the 24/7 self-marketing).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've always said I would much rather have an Izzy/Duff-fronted VR, than what we got. It would've been more GN'R, but less mainstream.

This 100% It would've been ten times cooler and in my opinion with Izzy in the fold all the way the albums would've been ten times better. Duff and Izzy rotating on vocals would be fucking awesome(especially since Duff sings ten times better than he did way back in the 90s). It would BE Guns N' Fucking Roses and Axl's new shit wouldn't have a leg to stand on in terms of credibility.... like even does anyways.   Basically I'm agreeing and saying it would be TEN TIMES BETTER if this had been the case .

PaSnow wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Myles Kennedy is, kinda generic?!

Nope he's pretty much as generic as they come.

Dude could you imagine the fan mixes we all could've made?

Imagine combining a VR album led by Izzy/Duff with Axl's ballads on CD...

It would've been a legit follow-up to UYI.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I heard The Wallflowers on at a train station the other night. I think Jacob Dylan would be a good fit. Granted he was a bit of a one album wonder, but I think his style, possible writing contribution, guitar, and popularity & age make him a pretty good fit.  Should have considered him back in 2002.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

...unless they do it as Guns N' Roses

That's gone too. Nostalgia band and nothing more at this point. I'm at the point where I flat out don't want a reunion, if for no other reason than the embarrassing state that Axl finds himself in.

Board footer