You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Ok, you're Slash & VRs new manager, what would you do?

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl of 2006 or 2010 I would've signed off on reuniting.

Axl of 2002 or Rio 2011... just stay home Axl.

VR should just try to get Weiland back next time he breaks from STP.

Myles is generic, as said.  Sadly, he is relevant in today's music scene, but I've never cared for his voice, or that bible thumping band he's in.   Just not my thing.   

They shouldn't try to get Corey Taylor, he's in enough bands and I like him but his style is too different from the VR guys.

VR made some decent songs with Scott.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Alter Bridge are anything but bible thumping, you're confusing them with the other shit band they're in, Creed.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I agree though, I think a reunion with Scott is the most obvious choice, but I'd like to hear them return to the hard hitting Contraband style rather than the pop of Libertad.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd say it's a possibility given the way Duff has praised Scott in various interviews, and slash has layed off the anti-scott retoric that he had following the inital depature. And i'm pretty sure scott recently said anything was possible given he went back to STP.

I wouldn't rule it out.

But it's my opinion that slash wont go back to VR because it's too hard to get them to agree on anything, and bringing back scott would just increase that issue. Seems we're in for slash solo for the forseeable future to me.

But I still think they'd be better pressed to find a new kickass singer that can do the whole VR+GNR back cataloge with them.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I wouldn't even download another VR album with Scott. I never liked that talentless, hissy addict and I'm glad he's gone.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't like him either...but I got to say I pumped up "Let it Roll" real loud in the car the other day and it was gooooooood.

But I think he limits the creative direction too much.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I don't like him either...but I got to say I pumped up "Let it Roll" real loud in the car the other day and it was gooooooood.

But I think he limits the creative direction too much.

Yep.

I love the intensity of the Slash-Duff-Matt combo, but Slash's solo album (and even Duff's new Loaded) is far more interesting musically than the VR records. If I had to choose between a VR reunion with Scott or Slash doing solo with Myles, I'd stick with the latter without a doubt. 3

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd say it's a possibility given the way Duff has praised Scott in various interviews, and slash has layed off the anti-scott retoric that he had following the inital depature. And i'm pretty sure scott recently said anything was possible given he went back to STP.

I wouldn't rule it out.

But it's my opinion that slash wont go back to VR because it's too hard to get them to agree on anything, and bringing back scott would just increase that issue. Seems we're in for slash solo for the forseeable future to me.

But I still think they'd be better pressed to find a new kickass singer that can do the whole VR+GNR back cataloge with them.

I don't think Slash wants the headache. He's just not gonna do that.

Imo if Slash is intrigued by any reuniting, it'll be with the payday that comes with Axl.

Imho, from this point out Slash is a solo artist with sometimes session work, and MIGHT (long shot) be called GNR's guitarist again one day.

Other than that I think he's "done with bands". VR is dead, and ain't coming back. It's been four years since Libertad, which was lukewarm received, and VR was already starting to slip. Even a reunion with Scott at this point would probably be a smaller blip on the radar than Soundgarden reuniting.

metallex78 wrote:

Alter Bridge are anything but bible thumping, you're confusing them with the other shit band they're in, Creed.

Well they both suck!

Board footer